Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Mid Atlantic Snow totals thread for winter 2016/17

Midlo Snow Maker

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6.5" for the year in Clarksburg at 39.234, -77.268.  Mappy, you'll need to make your map gradient at 0.1" increments starting at zero.

Hahahahahahaha. Hoping to get data into GIS this week. But probably next. Out for training until Wednesday, then a half day Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok fellow MAers.  Its that time of year that all snow totals get posted and updated as I know mappy usually likes to do her snow map around this time of year.  I know it will be painful for many of us to tally up the anemic, paltry, horrendous, godawful, shi**y, no motherf**king good, useless snow totals but if we want to see what it all looked like for this winter we need totals.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:32 AM, North Balti Zen said:

12/17  - .25 sleet/ice glaze

1/5     - .25 snow (all after I was asleep after snow hole from hell finally filled in)

1/7    - 1" snow

2/9 - T

3/13-14 - 3" snow/mostly sleet iceberg

Total: 4.25" snow/sleet and .25 ice/glaze for year. 2011/12 futility off the table, so I guess this winter isn't as bad, but it feels as bad to me, because of how it has unfolded.

The above is my final tally.

Thanks waterboy.

I am happy to say this years map looks like ****. or pea soup

I need to do some cleaning up, obviously. but there is your first look. This contains COOP, CoCoRaHs and those who have submitted totals ITT. 

Capture.JPG

Thanks! It is far from final. But wanted to get data in and see what it looked like.

I will remind people again to please submit your totals in this thread, with your lat/long if you have not given them to me before. :) 

7 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I would like this, but I can't applaud anything related to this fraud of a winter on principle.

:lol: I do not blame you. If I could add 10 to everyone to make it better, you know that I would. 

4 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My final totals are listed on my first post in this thread- I just kept updating that post instead of making new ones.

The preliminary map posted looks fine for my location. 

Great, thank you! 

Thanks @wxtrix and @dallen7908

@Cashtown_Coop -- I have you already as you are a COOP and I pull that info online. Can't promise the view will stay the same as I posted yesterday. Could be similar to last year and you may not make the cut.

I pulled data from all surrounding states, so I've got coverage. If it is posted on CWG again (looking like it will be) we try to keep the view closer in. However, I am okay with making another version, that is more zoomed out for folks who don't quite make it into the main map view. :) 

5 hours ago, mappy said:

Hi guys -- so these are the totals that I have. Please confirm if they are correct for you. If you do not see your name, means I have nothing for you. 

Many thanks!

Capture.JPG

Mine is 12 1/8.  I'm confused by this table.  Were you using this thread for totals?  Mine were updated last week.  Did I do something wrong?

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Mine is 12 1/8.  I'm confused by this table.  Were you using this thread for totals?  Mine were updated last week.  Did I do something wrong?

nope. i realized once i got the data into GIS i had a very low number for you and went back to look. Seems i skipped right over it when i was updating. I got you now :)

I also had to hunt down @clskinsfanand his signature for his updated total because i had a low one for him too. ;) 

4 hours ago, mappy said:

Thanks @wxtrix and @dallen7908

@Cashtown_Coop -- I have you already as you are a COOP and I pull that info online. Can't promise the view will stay the same as I posted yesterday. Could be similar to last year and you may not make the cut.

I pulled data from all surrounding states, so I've got coverage. If it is posted on CWG again (looking like it will be) we try to keep the view closer in. However, I am okay with making another version, that is more zoomed out for folks who don't quite make it into the main map view. :) 

If you wish, you can throw me into the mix as well. Roughly 15 inches. Looks as if your map is already spot on for me though.

30 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

If you wish, you can throw me into the mix as well. Roughly 15 inches. Looks as if your map is already spot on for me though.

I'll add you to the list, you should fall in the view just fine :) 

4 hours ago, mappy said:

nope. i realized once i got the data into GIS i had a very low number for you and went back to look. Seems i skipped right over it when i was updating. I got you now :)

I also had to hunt down @clskinsfanand his signature for his updated total because i had a low one for him too. ;) 

Mine's a little off too.  13.3" rather than the 3.3" listed in the spreadsheet.  NBD as the prelim map has it covered.  Thanks for all your work on this.

Mine's a little off too.  13.3" rather than the 3.3" listed in the spreadsheet.  NBD as the prelim map has it covered.  Thanks for all your work on this.

I updated yours today too when I saw it was low. Had to backtrack a bit in the thread to find it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived