Newest Member
    joxey
Annual Boston gtg-12/19/16

weathafella

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Sorry man. I'm bummed too. There's just too many things going in with activities and kids sports to drive 90 minutes each way on a weekday. Once kids are older , it's much easier . I never missed one of these on  a weekend. 

I've moved on from Smithwicks.. to Treehouse/ Trillium/ Bissell Bros. etc. Thanks for thinking of me though lol!

Have fun tonight 

It's about time.  

Just messing with you.  I visited my son so this counts as family time although I went hiking near Lake Winnie today.

Mass Pike is only speed pass now...what happens if you don't have speed pass?  I'm going to be checking on traffic and see if it's worth it to drive...if I'm not getting there until 8 then leaving like 11 or whatever might not make much sense...as much as I want to see everyone.  

Agree with Kevin weekends are much easier 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Mass Pike is only speed pass now...what happens if you don't have speed pass?  I'm going to be checking on traffic and see if it's worth it to drive...if I'm not getting there until 8 then leaving like 11 or whatever might not make much sense...as much as I want to see everyone.  

Agree with Kevin weekends are much easier 

No Fast pass and they will take a picture of your plate and send you the bill. It's well wort it to get a Fast pass and they just debit your card 

Great picture guys! Oh the irony of staking the same bar location. 3yrs in a row. Recognize all but far left gentleman?

Damn, had to sit and wait 2hrs at a Dr.'s appointment this afternoon. 
Had a big thunderstorm roll through an hour ago....Ah Fla...

Raise a glass of cheer and toast to a bountiful cold snowy winter!! As I grab an Odoules!!!
Above all Happy Holidays.

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I'm sorry I missed it.  I went last year and it was a blast.  Work/kids stuff has been piling up

Garth, I work with a friend of yours (she just told me).

Yup. She says you are the go to weather guru, and have only missed predicting one school cancellation since she's known you.

Really wanted to go but was very tough.  

Estimated time from google maps was about 2 hours and this was at 6:00 PM...so I wouldn't get there until at least 8 then have to drive back like 3-4 hours later and working during the day...I didn't want to chance it.  

There are times on Monday's when I nearly fall asleep driving back to Danbury after work.  

Hopefully the next one will be on a weekend and I'll either get out of work early or try and take off and maybe even rent a room for the night.  

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Presuming we have a decent snow winter, plan on the next on for 12/18/17.   The Monday before Xmas is a good juju so far.   Everyone has a year to arrange to be there.

We should have one before that.  Get one for like late spring...like April or early May. If we can throw out some dates now this gives people plenty of notice/time to get that date available 

32 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

We should have one before that.  Get one for like late spring...like April or early May. If we can throw out some dates now this gives people plenty of notice/time to get that date available 

Personally, weekends are tough.  But maybe it can work...maybe get thrown out of JJ Foley's again?

Archived