Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Annual Boston gtg-12/19/16

weathafella

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Wiz is that you? Mad dog 50/50 in the rag

No, but I once drank Old English semi-regularly back in college and just after when I was too cheap to buy a 12 pack of miller lite. Steel Reserve was always a bit too much like battery acid, so I rarely chose that...Colt 45 though was a pretty good substitute for OE.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

No, but I once drank Old English semi-regularly back in college and just after when I was too cheap to buy a 12 pack of miller lite. Steel Reserve was always a bit too much like battery acid, so I rarely chose that...Colt 45 though was a pretty good substitute for OE.

What I'm getting out of this is that you wanna rock the Edward Fortyhands challenge with me during a raging blizzard.

That's repulsive.

Count me in.

5 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We used to go into NH to get a case of Milwaukee's Best Light for $8

For $9.99 you could get a case of talls.  I shudder at the thought now

if you guys ever get the chance...  get a six pack of Guiness (bottles) and accidentally forget to put it in the fridge ... such that when you come home it's been sitting on the counter perspiring.   Guiness is really good as a room temp beer - I know, I know.  wtf!  seriously tho -

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

This from the guy teaching me about vorticity advection two years before I was going to take synoptic. And also the Gun Hill Effect, Sac's Corollary, and the Schwartz Cup.

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

We used to go into NH to get a case of Milwaukee's Best Light for $8

For $9.99 you could get a case of talls.  I shudder at the thought now

LOL. I'm old enough to remember a 6 pack of Genesee for a buck. Bud was a $1.90 for a six. High school drinking in the local park on Friday nights FTW.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

OE was great. I'm with Will. That was a great buzz for 6 bucks or whatever it was.

You could get two for about 4.30. I remember them being 2.15 per 40. They are probably around or just over $3 now days I'd imagine. 

36 minutes ago, scoob40 said:

LOL. I'm old enough to remember a 6 pack of Genesee for a buck. Bud was a $1.90 for a six. High school drinking in the local park on Friday nights FTW.

We got Genesee cream ale once in a blue moon in college when the 30 racks were on sale for $10. Stuff was pretty brutal but I would def drink it over Milwaukees best (Beast) or Natty Ice. 

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You could get two for about 4.30. I remember them being 2.15 per 40. They are probably around or just over $3 now days I'd imagine. 

I've gotten back on the Steel Reserve train...just so much cheaper and if you drink it within like 45 minutes that's all you need.  

I may be able to attend this day!  This is right after the semester ends and I can be more flexible with my work schedule I think. 

16 hours ago, scoob40 said:

....Crap, that was the beer of choice for us during my upstate NY years...Genny Cream beer balls for about $12.00-$15.00 for about 60 servings...served warm out of some guy's trunk (the dude that hung around high school parties and was old enough to buy) out in some field somewhere.

Plus my uncle had plenty of 8oz Genny Cream pony bottles in the wood shed up at the lake....Ahh, those were the days.

I can't remember which was worse, the Genesee or Stroh's

I have the ability to write a major blockbuster novel series and I got remarks that I suck at writing questioning my abilities to write in the first place.  Now I realize that I will not share ideas or rough drafts because the criticism is not just, the critiques are criticizing the wrong material and instead of looking at the bulk of the story, they are penalizing me on content and punctuation.  Rough Drafts are there to work on, they are not perfect.  So I am not going to quit writing.  What I am going to do is work on my novel with my editor and together we will publish a masterpiece.

15 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I have the ability to write a major blockbuster novel series and I got remarks that I suck at writing questioning my abilities to write in the first place.  Now I realize that I will not share ideas or rough drafts because the criticism is not just, the critiques are criticizing the wrong material and instead of looking at the bulk of the story, they are penalizing me on content and punctuation.  Rough Drafts are there to work on, they are not perfect.  So I am not going to quit writing.  What I am going to do is work on my novel with my editor and together we will publish a masterpiece.

Ummm.  Sounds like a great plan.  

Good luck

If I were you ...I wouldn't present any honey that may attract stingers to any faceless public forum peopled by the anonymous - they will by proximity to strangers, contain both value and trolls.  Unfortunately, nice valued patrons tend to be polite and keep all observations to them selves - that's the rub... that only leaves the trolls, who are DEFINITELY willing to pop off their opinions at least excuse imaginable.  So what are you left with?  probably a distaste for having brought your work to that sort of venue for any kind of constructive feedback. 

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

If I were you ...I wouldn't present any honey that may attract stingers to any faceless public forum peopled by the anonymous - they will by proximity to strangers, contain both value and trolls.  Unfortunately, nice valued patrons tend to be polite and keep all observations to them selves - that's the rub... that only leaves the trolls, who are DEFINITELY willing to pop off their opinions at least excuse imaginable.  So what are you left with?  probably a distaste for having brought your work to that sort of venue for any kind of constructive feedback. 

:weenie:

Archived