joxey
Thanksgiving and Friday light snow/freezing drizzle/light rain

ORH_wxman

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Expecting mood flakes and salty posts

Any hope for anything post-mortem in GC?  Sorry....on phone, taking break from splitting wood.

oops---past GC.  I never know if the event's not making it past ORH or, as is the case for a large segment of the population, the idea that the only thing west of Worcester is Albany.  :)

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

Says "thru 12z."  Even with the low sun angle, mid morning -SN might fall in vain if temps are near 32.  I'll be out there giving the deer a chuckle, white ground or brown.

It only gets out to hr 48, We will see what 18z looks like, even better if we wait until 0z tonight it will be inside the RGEM range 

Not really sure to post in this thread or the NNE one.  Does look more interesting up here in foothill/mountains.  Pretty safe to say this first impulse will be frozen.  I just don't know what happens this weekend.  Guess I'll post in the NNE thread since this really only address the first part.  Weekend possibilities are for those of us up here.  Ironically every storm last winter was a miss for us.  Maybe we can revert back to NNE getting more than SNE.  Sorry guys...our turn.

4 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Not really sure to post in this thread or the NNE one.  Does look more interesting up here in foothill/mountains.  Pretty safe to say this first impulse will be frozen.  I just don't know what happens this weekend.  Guess I'll post in the NNE thread since this really only address the first part.  Weekend possibilities are for those of us up here.  Ironically every storm last winter was a miss for us.  Maybe we can revert back to NNE getting more than SNE.  Sorry guys...our turn.

The way winter is meant to be.

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Looks like you are in a good spot for that first band tomorrow...probably around midday for you and early afternoon...it's trended mostly north of SNE, though the Rt 2 corridor could still get a piece of this. I'll be in Princeton, so I'll probably be watching the virga closely.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like you are in a good spot for that first band tomorrow...probably around midday for you and early afternoon...it's trended mostly north of SNE, though the Rt 2 corridor could still get a piece of this. I'll be in Princeton, so I'll probably be watching the virga closely.

lol

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Euro still cold enough for interior elevated snow tomorrow night north of 90?

Yeah probably...borderline though. I'd watch it for N ORH county/Monads over to N Berkshires...freezing drizzle is the bigger hazard if it materializes. The snow would be pretty light, coating to an inch.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Light snow has been falling most of the morning.  At first it was out of a very low stratus deck as almost like snow-drizzle but now the flakes are much bigger with the lift moving in aloft.

I'm thinking we should be able to net an inch or so today.  Models definitely trended a bit better up here into C/N NH...some Turkey Day mood snow.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Light snow has been falling most of the morning.  At first it was out of a very low stratus deck as almost like snow-drizzle but now the flakes are much bigger with the lift moving in aloft.

I'm thinking we should be able to net an inch or so today.  Models definitely trended a bit better up here into C/N NH...some Turkey Day mood snow.

Nice. Enjoy it. Models have a sluf pf preciop moving in late today and this evening. Could be some snow nrn ORH and srn NH in the high terrain at that time. 35F here.

Archived