• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fall Photos from the New York Botanical Garden

Hey Don, those are great!  I always like taking photos of the leaves in autumn, looking for the "good shots" that seem to express things best.  Perhaps next to winter, this is my favorite season for photography at least (well, there's softball during the summer, too!).

It seems fall colors have been "late" at least here where I'm at in the DC metro area.  But we finally did get some good color after I was worried the leaves would just more or less shrivel up and drop off (it's been quite dry).  Not sure if you experienced the same up your way?  Most of the trees have shed their leaves by now, especially after that blast of a cold front this past weekend.

Wishing you a fine Thanksgiving holiday!

On 11/22/2016 at 6:29 PM, Always in Zugzwang said:

Hey Don, those are great!  I always like taking photos of the leaves in autumn, looking for the "good shots" that seem to express things best.  Perhaps next to winter, this is my favorite season for photography at least (well, there's softball during the summer, too!).

It seems fall colors have been "late" at least here where I'm at in the DC metro area.  But we finally did get some good color after I was worried the leaves would just more or less shrivel up and drop off (it's been quite dry).  Not sure if you experienced the same up your way?  Most of the trees have shed their leaves by now, especially after that blast of a cold front this past weekend.

Wishing you a fine Thanksgiving holiday!

Thank you very much. Up here, it appeared that the period of peak fall colors was compressed. The recent winds took down most of the leaves. Some of the oaks are exceptions. They still have quite a bit of leaves. 

Have a great Thanksgiving Day.

Archived