Newest Member
    SnowHabit
ULL, up slope snow LES, Squalls winds 11-20-22

Ginx snewx

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On November 16, 2016 at 9:57 PM, CTValleySnowMan said:

Unlike the October system where we had great radiational cooling the night before and cold air wedged into the CT valley and the east slopes of the berkshires, this upcoming system should favor the upslope regions, although I wouldn't rule out some flakes in my hood. We do better in the valley when we are trying to dislodge cold air rather than advect it in from the top down and get rain to change to snow. Congrats ski country and perhaps SNE hilltops is  probably the bottom line and we all get to at least look and feel like November again.  

Judging by radar and reports from my friends in Colrain there was nothing more than a light coating in your hood.  I bet Sayoy got a pretty good burst though.  

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Judging by radar and reports from my friends in Colrain there was nothing more than a light coating in your hood.  I bet Sayoy got a pretty good burst though.  

Chris--are you speaking to me in this post?  Bummer, but not surprised.  I'm guessing it's a good time to be in Florida.

This is pretty sweet.  Borderline legit +SN now.  Perfect dendrite aggregates. 

Photo from a little ago though, ground now has a good 1/4-1/2" on it. 

Really didn't think we'd see snow until like 4pm today.  If today's QPF can snow we'll be in a good spot heading into the upslope portion.

Same elevation as MVL and only a few miles away but MVL still moderate rain while its been snowing here for an hour. 

15170777_10102740859467520_7312221457593

2L8A7825_edited-1.jpg

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like MVL ASOS is now over to 4sm -SN at 36/36.

I don't get it but these events always have some weird mico-scale stuff.  Same elevation a few miles away and its 34/32 here with +SN and we'll have an inch probably in the next 15-20 minutes.

It is asos take the -snow with a grain of salt 

Nice guys.  Looks like the wealth is getting spread around. 

I really think SVT is going to be interesting...some of those hill towns are going to be clobbered.  They will likely be the highest inhabited area totals in Vermont, assuming the heavier stuff in the northern Greens is mostly ski resort only.

46 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Really didn't think we'd see snow until like 4pm today.  If today's QPF can snow we'll be in a good spot heading into the upslope portion.

starting to mix here in BTV right off campus. didn't think that was gonna happen for a while as well.

11 minutes ago, ono said:

starting to mix here in BTV right off campus. didn't think that was gonna happen for a while as well.

Here's a new twist...

Snow accums by elevation:

1500ft...1.5"

900-1400ft...Trace to 0"

600-900ft...1"

I sh*t you not I cleaned an inch off my car at 750ft and there's nothing on the ground at all between 1000-1400ft.  

Look at my photos from earlier at my house, also the web cams at the base of the resort show snow.  But there's bare ground in between.

I drove uphill and the snow decreased to nothing.  This is 1300ft.

IMG_3749.JPG

I am so confused.  Literally one of the oddest things I've ever seen.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

This is pretty sweet.  Borderline legit +SN now.  Perfect dendrite aggregates. 

Photo from a little ago though, ground now has a good 1/4-1/2" on it. 

Same elevation as MVL and only a few miles away but MVL still moderate rain while its been snowing here for an hour. 

15170777_10102740859467520_7312221457593

2L8A7825_edited-1.jpg

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

NW CT hills are a winter wonderland

from Ryan

IMG_20161120_094454.jpg

35 minutes ago, rgwp96 said:

Higher elevation areas of nj had up to 6 inches , pictured below Is Barry lakes nj at 1300 ft . My valley location only had a trace but snowed almost the entire event (big kick in the face lol) 

IMG_1880.PNG

Nice shots, everyone.

Bottom line:  West is Best.

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Here's a new twist...

Snow accums by elevation:

1500ft...1.5"

900-1400ft...Trace to 0"

600-900ft...1"

I sh*t you not I cleaned an inch off my car at 750ft and there's nothing on the ground at all between 1000-1400ft.  

Look at my photos from earlier at my house, also the web cams at the base of the resort show snow.  But there's bare ground in between.

I drove uphill and the snow decreased to nothing.  This is 1300ft.

IMG_3749.JPG

I am so confused.  Literally one of the oddest things I've ever seen.

Was there a noticeable lack of precip? I wonder if there is a mesoscale ascent/descent/ascent couplet perhaps?

Archived