Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

2 hours ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

To bad the conus is completely devoid of any cold air, or this would have probably been interesting to track...

Yep.  I was thinking the same while looking at the model runs.  What could have been....A low developing in Texas riding NE in mid-January, perfect....but not this year.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, colonel717 said:

If only there was cold air..

Thankfully the NAVGEM, but if that track would actually verify that would be awful... a 993 low in near perfect spot for Western PA and its rain... I mean we will probably need to wait another 10 years for a track like that! :wacko:

I wouldn't put any faith in that Monday night thing being anything other than a soaker for us, pretty much no matter how it tracks... just a matter of how much rain.

6 hours ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Thankfully the NAVGEM, but if that track would actually verify that would be awful... a 993 low in near perfect spot for Western PA and its rain... I mean we will probably need to wait another 10 years for a track like that! :wacko:

Probably more like 20 years. We probably haven't seen a track like that here since 1994. Just goes to show how many things have to go right for us to get a good snowstorm in this area. That's why we see years and years of misses here. 

1 hour ago, Ryd10 said:

Not happening

I'm still in this camp, going to need some good elevation to see anything out of this. If I were to add one note of optimism its that the trend has been cooler as we get closer and we are at about peak climo for cold. Hail Mary's and pulling the goaltender down 2 goals does sometimes work out which is fairly analogous to this setup but hey, it better than tracking 60s and rain I guess.

5 minutes ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

I'm still in this camp, going to need some good elevation to see anything out of this. If I were to add one note of optimism its that the trend has been cooler as we get closer and we are at about peak climo for cold. Hail Mary's and pulling the goaltender down 2 goals does sometimes work out which is fairly analogous to this setup but hey, it better than tracking 60s and rain I guess.

Yep, its is low odds but a good way to tide us over until the projected pattern change.  

Archived