Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, ChalkHillSnowNut said:

Anyone see the NAM at all?....only think I've seen is euro and GFS....although it's almost nowcast time 

NAM is slightly wetter in the lake and mountain areas, but generally the same everywhere else.  I'd say it's a wash as the NAM usually is the wetter model, though verifies less often.  Unless you're in one of those two spots there's not much to see.

9 hours ago, Mailman said:

Something to watch for late in the week next week, perhaps?  

Yep.  I was looking at that this morning on 00z GFS run.  Thursday next week looks interesting.  Western PA is possibly in play with a low riding up the Apps.   If not, at least the temps stay near normal to slightly below normal for a while.

21 minutes ago, TeaysValleyWV said:

Yep.  I was looking at that this morning on 00z GFS run.  Thursday next week looks interesting.  Western PA is possibly in play with a low riding up the Apps.   If not, at least the temps stay near normal to slightly below normal for a while.

That is a nice track on the 00z, to bad its next Thursday not this one! Seems like a fairly active period coming up, with the first couple of storms cutting well to the West of us, but slowly each one dragging the trough East, so we have a chance as that process progresses at getting some sort of App / Inland runner.

Either way no extreme torches or arctic blasts on the way from what I saw of the latest Euro Weeklies, I think we average close to normal temp wise which is perfectly fine considering we are heading into Dec.

Archived