Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

9 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

Definitely closer but we only get like .4 of qpf. Honestly this just smells of 2014 to me. Where it hugs the coast but not enough to slam us. We will have to see what trends occur but no one should get their hopes up. I certainly have conceded especially after shoveling 3 inches of heavy slop. So we take the good with the bad, eventually we will get our storm but I just don't see warning level snow. 

Yea, I wasn't expecting a historic storm.  Was hoping for a heavy fringe....Doesn't look like we will even get that.  I am stepping away until Sunday if we have any chance by then.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you just love how that tight gradient cuts most everything off before getting into our areas?

Too early to give up entirely, but this was always the concern.  Tracks moving just inland on the coastal plain or west of that are quite rare, and that's why PIT rarely gets the good stuff.

1 hour ago, colonel717 said:

Yea, I wasn't expecting a historic storm.  Was hoping for a heavy fringe....Doesn't look like we will even get that.  I am stepping away until Sunday if we have any chance by then.

Would you settle for a light fringe... lol, Like mentioned above, a track inland is just so rare, the baraclonic zone is always over the water so you need something to really force the storm inland, a well timed phase is one way to get that. That being said, I don't think we are totally out of the game yet, I'd like to see 6 inches, but we may end up just on the outside looking in.

1 minute ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Would you settle for a light fringe... lol, Like mentioned above, a track inland is just so rare, the baraclonic zone is always over the water so you need something to really force the storm inland, a well timed phase is one way to get that. That being said, I don't think we are totally out of the game yet, I'd like to see 6 inches, but we may end up just on the outside looking in.

per usual lol

Archived