SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got about an inch, maybe inch and a half. Didn't get a chance to measure so just eyeballing it. Roads are wet. I think the 1-2 that the NWS initially had forecasted for my area was the better call for this. I'd rather just move on to spring at this point than get an inch of wet snow. I'm certainly not getting my hopes up with the next two either. We'll see.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Managed to eek out a couple inches so far, perhaps another half inch or so before all is said and done.  A little surprised, we did have rain overnight, but I woke up not long after it started snowing to see some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen.  1" diameter snowflakes and larger.  It was crazy, and that's probably why we've over-performed a little down here.

Looks like about 2" here. Can't complain really seeing as it was 50 degrees last night.

Yeah, its hard to overcome needing to drop 20-30 degrees in 10 hours... I got about 1-2 on the grass , it varies greatly from one spot to another. On my deck there is at least 3 on the railings. I'd guess without melting probably would have managed at least 4. Still some light snow coming down now.

10 minutes ago, north pgh said:

After lunch today there will either be excitement on this board or "Bring on Spring" posts. 

I'll give it another day before I give up... Then tomorrow I'll say, I'll give it another day as there will be one rogue member to keep me in it.....Same for Sunday and so on... 

2 hours ago, jwilson said:

Managed to eek out a couple inches so far, perhaps another half inch or so before all is said and done.  A little surprised, we did have rain overnight, but I woke up not long after it started snowing to see some of the biggest flakes I've ever seen.  1" diameter snowflakes and larger.  It was crazy, and that's probably why we've over-performed a little down here.

A few of the model runs two days ago showed this split in the heavier snowfall.

One area north of Pgh where the snow lasted longer, and one area south of I-70, were more dynamics from the S/W helped enhance the precip.

The EURO, and to a smaller extent the NAM, pulled off the win on this storm.

7 minutes ago, CoraopolisWx said:

A few of the model runs two days ago showed this split in the heavier snowfall.

One area north of Pgh where the snow lasted longer, and one area south of I-70, were more dynamics from the S/W helped enhance the precip.

The EURO, and to a smaller extent the NAM, pulled off the win on this storm.

Makes sense. The GFS has never been good with subtle dynamics. I really thought we'd do well though, with the HRRR putting us in the bulls eye most of it's runs last night.

Archived