Newest Member
    joxey
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MikeB_01 said:

I just want to take a moment and enjoy what is happening. We might not get 2 ft or even 6 in, but this is awesome. Great snowfall rates and good people to discuss it with. This is awesome.

Sorry for being corny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:pepsi: I'll drink to that, can't agree more! Storm of the season for sure!

It will be over by 3:00 am but I am glad it came earlier. I can get some sleep. I'll take a solid 2-4. 3-5 inch snowfall in a 4 or 5 hour period than an all day light snow that gives these totals. It is amazing that it will be in the 50's this weekend and I will be out again with the light jacket while all the snow melts. I'm okay with that.

1 minute ago, north pgh said:

It will be over by 3:00 am but I am glad it came earlier. I can get some sleep. I'll take a solid 2-4. 3-5 inch snowfall in a 4 or 5 hour period than an all day light snow that gives these totals. It is amazing that it will be in the 50's this weekend and I will be out again with the light jacket while all the snow melts. I'm okay with that.

I wish it would stick around more than a 2 days, but beggars can't be choosers. Hopefully we get to do this at least 1 more time this season. :snowwindow:

Just measured 3 inches. Most of it in the last 3 hours. It looks like the heavier stuff is east of me so the models are pretty much on. Looking at radar I will probably only get 1 or 2 more but I will take it. Some of you eastern folks will probably total out around 6 or 7 maybe. 

Not bad for a 6 hour storm. 

2 minutes ago, north pgh said:

Just measured 3 inches. Most of it in the last 3 hours. It looks like the heavier stuff is east of me so the models are pretty much on. Looking at radar I will probably only get 1 or 2 more but I will take it. Some of you eastern folks will probably total out around 6 or 7 maybe. 

Not bad for a 6 hour storm. 

Defiinitely as advertised by the short terms.

Solid storm.

Just measured 3.5 and the snow has lightened up considerably. Looking at radar may eek out another 1/2 which would give me 4. I will take it considering yesterday we were looking at 1-2. Time for sleep and need to shovel in the morning. Not too bad though as I only have about 2 or 3 on the driveway. Yahoo!:snowwindow:

I accidentally fell asleep last night, but it's probably a good thing because there's no sleeping in today.  I measured 2.5" just now.  Obviously some was lost due to compaction and melting, but I'd say it's no more than 3" total.  This one will go down as a bust for me.  It was snowing real hard when I fell asleep, too, I have no idea what happened.  I can only assume I was on the bad side of a deform band or the storm just moved too quickly.

1 minute ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Back at is already? lol So was I, even before my first shovelful. We need that NS to phase in, or just dig deeper and go under us. Lots of time to see what happens with that one.

Oh of course...Last nights wasn't enough for me.. :)  I was glad that didn't get more when I was out shoveling and snow was very wet and heavy. Took longer to shovel than I expected given about 3 inches.

Archived