Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Pittsburgh PA Winter 2016-2017

north pgh

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:

RAP is a little lower on the 21z run than t was on the 18z. Looks like the system is progressing faster than thought earlier. RAP seems to be picking up on ame thing the NAM was. Totals around an in lower than what they were earlier.

I love the way that site sets up its graphics.

There you goofy 1% of the yinzer population who likes snow goes. You get a nice, fat, thump of a snowstorm. No Snowmageddon, but a good one none the less. Nice silver lining for me too with the weekend warmth and rain erasing what falls, so it's a win-win for both sides as far as I'm concerned. There's this Pentecostal church down the street from me where the minister meticulously shovels snow to the point where it's geometrically perfect, exactly 8 inches off of the sidewalk and into the grass. It looks like he runs a chalk line every time he does it. I think he has obsessive compulsive disorder. I bet he's out there tomorrow, even though it'll most likely be melted by Sunday service.

8 minutes ago, SteelCity08 said:

Have a nice coating on the grass already. I'll be very happy with 4-6, wasn't expecting much more than 1-3 until this afternoon.

Looks like the precip has split AGC in half. The north looks like it got a nice little burst. Here in the South Hills i have nothing on my lawn. Just wet

19 minutes ago, SteelCity08 said:

Have a nice coating on the grass already. I'll be very happy with 4-6, wasn't expecting much more than 1-3 until this afternoon.

20 minutes ago, SteelCity08 said:

Coating here as well. No problem accumulating on non pavement. Dropped to 34 degrees.

7 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

No snow here yet.  Looks like it wont start for another hour or so here.  Not feeling good about getting more than a couple inches now due to speed.

HRRR is down about a half an in through the next 6 hours from the previous run. Maybe picking up on that speed.

19 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

No snow here yet.  Looks like it wont start for another hour or so here.  Not feeling good about getting more than a couple inches now due to speed.

. Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST Thursday... * snow accumulations... 6 to 10 inches. * Timing... the heaviest snow is expected this evening into early Thursday. * Impacts... the heavy snow will create snow covered roads and produce scattered power outages. * Winds... northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are expected. This will make travel very hazardous. Please report snowfall by calling 412-262-1988, posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page, or using twitter @nwspittsburgh Please report snow and ice by calling 412-262-1988, posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page, or using twitter @nwspittsburgh

Archived