Newest Member
    joxey
November Obs and Disco Thread

H2O

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Even IAD only to 31.  Finally got freezing here, but only at 31.7.

Not sure why the lows have been so mediocre.  I've only looked at GFS recently, but it was advertising m/u 20s for most of the region this morning as of 12z yesterday at least.  Daytime highs yesterday seemed in line with expectations. 

36 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Not sure why the lows have been so mediocre.  I've only looked at GFS recently, but it was advertising m/u 20s for most of the region this morning as of 12z yesterday at least.  Daytime highs yesterday seemed in line with expectations. 

I assume the model takes the effect of wind on the ability to radiate into account. If so, then that is a bit strange.

It was 31 her at 5:45. 30 minutes later, it was just shy of 29. Coincided with the wind laying down.

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

I assume the model takes the effect of wind on the ability to radiate into account. If so, then that is a bit strange.

It was 31 her at 5:45. 30 minutes later, it was just shy of 29. Coincided with the wind laying down.

They do, but probably not well enough.  Looking back at my station this morning, I was stuck at about 33 until 5am and then there was a quick wind shift for an hour to the S, and that was enough to dip me below freezing as odd as it sounds. 

7 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

They do, but probably not well enough.  Looking back at my station this morning, I was stuck at about 33 until 5am and then there was a quick wind shift for an hour to the S, and that was enough to dip me below freezing as odd as it sounds. 

just checked mine out -- same thing happened. was stuck at 31 until 530, wind shifted south and dropped to 30, then 29

22 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

DCA only got to 34.  :rolleyes: Morning lows have been a bit weak sauce the last 2 mornings.  MBY and BWI down to 30.  Hopefully tonight the whole region can get down into the 20s solidly. 

Looking like a fail at DCA.  

38 right now at the Post, so not a DCA problem.  I've been down to 32.1 at 3am but then it went back up.  Still has a chance here when it starts stirring in a bit.

Been a bit under the weather so I started the Christmas lights yesterday and moved mighty slow! Wish I had been a bit more aggressive! Winds are causing challenges galore! Nothing like last weekend, but a pain nonetheless. I like putting up lights in the cold, but winds just make it a pain! 43 with a good 10 to 15mph wind! Could be worse! Few kelvin waves try In to happen too

7009E460-E9EB-4AA8-9DA2-5A78B555E7BF.JPG

Wow, the silence here is deafening.  Looking across all the threads and just not much going on.  As a long time lurker and weenie wana-be I don't recall such a lull in posting this time of year since I joined in 02 (the previous forum).  Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving and black Friday.  With "only" Cyber Monday to get through before we enter Dec I'm hoping and praying for some good meaty discussions to surface from the pros and others (including Bob and the other experienced contributors).  Just a nibble would be enough to keep me enticed...    Thanks everyone for what I hope will be an entertaining Dec. and beyond....

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived