• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November Banter Thread

H2O

They have better place aside a kings ransom for him. NY Jets are reportedly going to go after him very aggressively (and with the turd fest at QB they have had, they will open the wallet). He will garner top 5-7 QB money in a weak field of free agents and little college QB talent.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With limited pro experience the guy took a mediocre team to a div title and playoffs. The one year "test" is already over imho. He's the ONLY reason we have a winning record and what looks like a future that doesn't include "laughing stock". In my eyes Cousins is clearly the best QB since Theismann. Pay the ransom. Sign the deal. Kirk and his wife seem to like living here too so that doesn't hurt. I would guess he has every intention of staying here for the right deal. But the skins have a way of doing really really dumb things with personnel so there's plenty to fear. lol

2 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

With limited pro experience the guy took a mediocre team to a div title and playoffs. The one year "test" is already over imho. He's the ONLY reason we have a winning record and what looks like a future that doesn't include "laughing stock". In my eyes Cousins is clearly the best QB since Theismann. Pay the ransom. Sign the deal. Kirk and his wife seem to like living here too so that doesn't hurt. I would guess he has every intention of staying here for the right deal. But the skins have a way of doing really really dumb things with personnel so there's plenty to fear. lol

Skins need Jack Kent Cooke. They haven't been the same without him. :(

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Try mono.  I lost 15 pounds.  

Man, that totally sucks!  Have heard that's difficult to completely recover from.  I've had a history of colitis, though (knock on wood) has been relatively inactive for many years lately.  There were a couple of times in the past that I lost a fair bit of weight due to that when it got really bad.  But my appetite was fine, strangely enough!

Having to drink that awful gallon of liquid crap prior to an endoscopic procedure is a sure-fire way to lose weight too!! :D  Mmmmm, metallic salt flavor, 8 ounces every 15 minutes!

And...on the topic of football.  I'm almost hoping the Browns shoot the moon this year and go 0-16.  Might as well try to match what only the Detroit Lions have done, eh?!

What a way to cause confusion with such similar names for two entirely different ensemble systems! I imported the post from last year.

"

GEPS on trop tids is the Canadian ens. I tend not to look at it much.

D10-13 looks like our first cool shot this month. Most likely transient unless the onslaught of shortwaves pounding the west coast turns into a nice stable ridge.

If something actually hits during d10-15 it would be quite a fluke and very low probability

"

On 11/8/2016 at 0:41 PM, BristowWx said:

I try to only look at the op run LR GFS just to get idea of the where the players might be lining up.  Right now, Thanksgiving week looks like a sweltering torch. Hope that changes but we all know that warm forecasts even LR tend to produce quite well around here. 

You're much better off with ensembles at that range.

4 hours ago, Snowlover33 said:

Hey everyone, starting my first year in morgantown. Anyone able to tell me what I might expect up here this winter?  

Couch fires and mattress corpses.

TL;dr: lots of cartoppers and winter driving sucks because of other motorists.

Weatherwise, lots of cartoppers that will make traveling to work in the early morning a hellish commute. There was nothing like going down a 6% incline on an unsalted road. Many roads outside of town proper are not salted or left for either leftover brine or the sun to take care of.

The drivers do not typically know how to drive in the snow and inclines, so my advice to you (as a person who just spent 4.5 years in Morgantown) is if snow is predicted to at least coat the roads, get home before that happens or if possible arrive to work later after some daylight has passed. I watched traffic come to a standstill (similar to last years D.C's 1 inch pre-blizzard event) once the roads become coated. Because of the hills, the roads become unpassable to local traffic and accidents begin to pile up.

705 will be a total ****show, Don Knotts Blvd (do not use this way to get to I-68 in snow)/Beechurst will be hit and miss but clogged with traffic until the salt trucks arrive; Stewartstown will become unpassable because people will run their cars off into the shoulders at the s-turn or can't make it up the hill to said s-turn. That takes out all routes out of Morgantown to the interstates, that's why I meant it when I said get home before flakes start falling.

Edit: Also you will get periods of lake effect snow at some point. Some bands can drop visibility down to <.25 mi and drop a quick inch or two on the roads and snarl traffic and make driving dangerous so make sure you've got snow driving down pat.

Other than that I think that about covered my experience in Morgantown, best of luck and make sure to dodge the potholes!

7 hours ago, biodhokie said:

Couch fires and mattress corpses.

TL;dr: lots of cartoppers and winter driving sucks because of other motorists.

Weatherwise, lots of cartoppers that will make traveling to work in the early morning a hellish commute. There was nothing like going down a 6% incline on an unsalted road. Many roads outside of town proper are not salted or left for either leftover brine or the sun to take care of.

The drivers do not typically know how to drive in the snow and inclines, so my advice to you (as a person who just spent 4.5 years in Morgantown) is if snow is predicted to at least coat the roads, get home before that happens or if possible arrive to work later after some daylight has passed. I watched traffic come to a standstill (similar to last years D.C's 1 inch pre-blizzard event) once the roads become coated. Because of the hills, the roads become unpassable to local traffic and accidents begin to pile up.

705 will be a total ****show, Don Knotts Blvd (do not use this way to get to I-68 in snow)/Beechurst will be hit and miss but clogged with traffic until the salt trucks arrive; Stewartstown will become unpassable because people will run their cars off into the shoulders at the s-turn or can't make it up the hill to said s-turn. That takes out all routes out of Morgantown to the interstates, that's why I meant it when I said get home before flakes start falling.

Edit: Also you will get periods of lake effect snow at some point. Some bands can drop visibility down to <.25 mi and drop a quick inch or two on the roads and snarl traffic and make driving dangerous so make sure you've got snow driving down pat.

Other than that I think that about covered my experience in Morgantown, best of luck and make sure to dodge the potholes!

Sheesh alright thanks for the advice! 

Sat down for dinner last evening with the in-laws (they are still living with us while looking for a house).  My MIL lets me know that she had a virus on her PC but got it fixed.  It was a little odd, so I pressed her on details.  She said that her screen froze and a pop-up gave her a number to call to fix her computer (yes, you already know where this is headed).  So, of course, she calls and eventually is scammed out of $199.  That's not the worst part - the people on the line wouldn't take credit cards and PayPal was "down", so they needed her checking account info.  Which of course she gave.  I got her on the phone with the bank immediately.  Don't know if they cleaned her out or not, but they are quite poor so there wouldn't have been much in that account anyway.  So, if you ever wonder why these scams keep going on, it is because old people are terrible with computers.

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Sat down for dinner last evening with the in-laws (they are still living with us while looking for a house).  My MIL lets me know that she had a virus on her PC but got it fixed.  It was a little odd, so I pressed her on details.  She said that her screen froze and a pop-up gave her a number to call to fix her computer (yes, you already know where this is headed).  So, of course, she calls and eventually is scammed out of $199.  That's not the worst part - the people on the line wouldn't take credit cards and PayPal was "down", so they needed her checking account info.  Which of course she gave.  I got her on the phone with the bank immediately.  Don't know if they cleaned her out or not, but they are quite poor so there wouldn't have been much in that account anyway.  So, if you ever wonder why these scams keep going on, it is because old people are terrible with computers.

OUCH!

Hoping for the best, but..........:unsure:

17 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Man, that's a bummer.  Having two older parents myself, I understand how it could have happened.  You're right that the older generation is terrible with computers, but they are also incredibly naive.  At least my mom is.  My dad, on the other hand, is so paranoid of the government that I'm surprised he uses a computer at home at all.

47 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

yikes. sorry to hear :( 

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Sorry to hear... hope you are able to help her get her money back if you can

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Damn.  That really sucks. Finger's crossed that the Bank was able to nip it quickly.

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

ugh.  That sucks.  Sorry to hear and hope that all her money wasn't taken.

5 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Scammers...f*ucking lowlifes.

4 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Man, that's a bummer.  Having two older parents myself, I understand how it could have happened.  You're right that the older generation is terrible with computers, but they are also incredibly naive.  At least my mom is.  My dad, on the other hand, is so paranoid of the government that I'm surprised he uses a computer at home at all.

They're naive because during most of their lives they didn't have interactions with pieces of sh*t who hid behind computers from halfway across the world looking to scam them. Nope...back in the day if someone got out of line, the local tough could knock some sense into them, or the neighborhood could band together and keep the person/people at arm's length.

Trust is such a rare thing nowadays.

5 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

People need their ass beat.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived