Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Hailstorm said:

Yes, and the sad thing about this case is that none of them will actually verify for NYC.

Wave #1 is on life support; #2 is DoA; and what about our "hail mary" #3?

Well, I hate to break it to most members in here; but even Upton is dismissing it as a remote threat for NYC.

Take a look at their forecast:

Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
Monday Night
A 50 percent chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 32.
Tuesday
A chance of rain and snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 43.

You can't make this crap up. They have NYC torching/raining/maybe some brief slop upon the onset of this precip, IF this storm ends up even coming close to this area. It's a lose-lose situation for NYC.

And look at the GEFS output for Wave #3:

gfs-ens_z500a_us_29.png

Look at that pulsating SE ridge; all of the cold air is bottled up in Michigan. Just a horrific set up for a snow event if you ask me as all of the cold air is receding into Canada.

No wonder PB GBI is no longer posting here.

Oh stfu

4 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Absolute straight up trolling. Good thing it's in banter.

50% chance of snow at that lead time from upton is a remote threat? And slaves were immigrants too...

Yeah, you know what?  I use the 30% threshold for severe wx and I use it for snow and rain events too.  If POP is 30% or higher from 3 days out or more, it's a legit threat.

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Wave 1 is our best opportunity for snow.  Wave 2 will likely be crushed to our south.  Wave 3 holds the most potential for a major storm for our area.

NAM shifted the precip shield further north

15 hours ago, bluewave said:

Really impressive blizzard in Canada today.

Now THAT'S a #BLIZZARD! 20th consec. hourly ob w/vis ≤1/4 mi (most of time less); gusts 35+ mph, peak 52; heavy falling and/or blowing snow pic.twitter.com/CtcKRbO8J7

Massive cyclone; central pressure in Canada now down to ~964 millibarspic.twitter.com/8rb1WE1QS0

Wow what location reported a blizzard for 20 hours?

Is this linked to that -66 low temp you reported?

I found this in a 1968 DAILY NEWS ALMANAC for CPK I use to get delivered by mail for about 20 cents each year from '61-'73 or so.  J.Henry Weber, Meteorologist was the editor.  The 30 Year Normals caught my eye.  I guess they were for 1936-65.

Dec.   35.9.   37.5. or +1.6

Jan.   33.2.    32.6      -0.6!

Feb.   33.4.    35.3      +1.9

Mar.   40.5.   42.5.     +2.0

Any comments, especially on how Jan. could have countered the upward trend.

BTW.  The back page featured a summary of the Blizzard of '88, then on its 80th. Birthday!

23 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

I found this in a 1968 DAILY NEWS ALMANAC for CPK I use to get delivered by mail for about 20 cents each year from '61-'73 or so.  J.Henry Weber, Meteorologist was the editor.  The 30 Year Normals caught my eye.  I guess they were for 1936-65.

Mar.   40.5.   42.5.     +2.5

BTW.  The back page featured a summary of the Blizzard of '88, then on its 80th. Birthday!

I think those are the 1931-60 Normals.

2 hours ago, CIK62 said:

Mar.   40.5.   42.5.     +2.5

I got the same almanacs but they are worn out and in pieces...Since 1968 which had a cold January there were many other cold January's...1977 for an example....I have Mr. G's early 1980's almanac and it was predicting another ice age was coming...

The average March temperature was 36.7 the first 30 years of record and now it's close to 43.0 over the last 30 years...

decade....temp...
1870's.....37.0....
1880's.....35.4....
1890's.....37.6....
1900's.....39.8....
1910's.....39.1....
1920's.....41.2....
1930's.....40.2....
1940's.....41.6....
1950's.....40.5....
1960's.....40.8....
1970's.....42.4....
1980's.....42.8...
1990's.....42.4....
2000's.....42.7....

2010's.....43.7....2010-16
1870-
2009 ......40.3....
1980-
.......................................................................................................................

3 hours ago, bluewave said:

Weird story from the LB West End of a poorly build new house leaning over toward a neighbors house in the recent strong winds. The houses down there are right on top of each other with no land. Hope they get this taken care of ASAP for the woman living in the house next door.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/03/07/long-beach-leaning-house/

Don't know how they let them build soo close to one another,if there ever was a fire down there when it's windy lookout.                                                                                              My friends house is the same way can almost touch his neighbors out his window

15 minutes ago, Dan76 said:

Don't know how they let them build soo close to one another,if there ever was a fire down there when it's windy lookout.                                                                                              My friends house is the same way can almost touch his neighbors out his window

That's what happened in Breezy Point during Sandy. Happened in Long Beach too in the east end to a lesser extend. House that a friend of mine used to live in burned down. 

1 hour ago, tdp146 said:

That's what happened in Breezy Point during Sandy. Happened in Long Beach too in the east end to a lesser extend. House that a friend of mine used to live in burned down. 

Right down the block from my old place in the canals. Amazing it did not spread but the houses there are further apart then the west end and breezy 

19 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

Would love to see you, bluewave, don s, forky, isotherm post more in the model/storm threads you offer a wealth of info. Bx too

Thank you but they are in their own league.  

Lol @ the second bolded!!

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived