Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

3 hours ago, Paragon said:

You have to be blind not to see the writing on the wall lol.  I mean, here's an interesting geography lesson.  Remember all that amazingly hot Arctic for all these years being compared to a fire in one's attic?  Guess what happened to that fire.  Like all fires do, it spread.  Now it's reached the top floors of the house.  Now, we're a part of that torch that has been melting the Arctic.  You can't ignore all these +5, +7 and even +10 months that the northern tier of the country has been having since about 2010.  These +10 months are especially alarming.  They're becoming common now.  What we are seeing is the spread of the Arctic torch that started years ago now reaching our latitudes.  It was only a matter of time anyway.

Those knuckledraggers who choose to stick to fossil fuels should have all been sent to Venus a long time ago.  It would have fixed our carbon problem and our overpopulation problem at the same time.

Would they have been sent to Venus via a vehicle fueled with fossil fuel? 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Paragon said:

only if you shill for the fossil fuel cartel- I've had enough of those people and they can all be marooned on Venus for all I care- they belong there.

I wholeheartedly agree.

I wasn't denying climate change, but some of the comments I've been hearing from people would have you thinking it was 85 degrees and the world is coming to an end as opposed to normal record-territory warmth.

11 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

The sad thing is it's only a matter of time NYC gets shutout completely for snowfall for an entire winter. Look as Chicago this winter. I think we still have a few decades of good snowfall as the extremes bounce back and forth but eventually we will cross that threshold. 

We almost did it in 2012, and this winter could've easily went that way, just look at D.C. and Philadelphia's totals, we were extremely lucky. But I'm thinking those snowless years will hit us like a ton of bricks, much like the anomalously snowy 2000's and 2010's, the pendulum will swing the other way.

35 minutes ago, Cfa said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

I wasn't denying climate change, but some of the comments I've been hearing from people would have you thinking it was 85 degrees and the world is coming to an end as opposed to normal record-territory warmth.

I actually like a lot of heat (minus humidity) in the summer, it's just that the allergy season is something I find to be extremely painful, especially when it starts this early.

I started a new thread to discuss all these new extremes that we have been experiencing during the 2000's to have all the cases in one place that wont get lost. I would appreciate if you add your own personal extremes or stories since I am sure several were missed in my general summary.

9 minutes ago, Paragon said:

Hey I was trying to be funny (and ironic) with my Venus analogy lol.

All I meant was that we usually don't allow climate change discussion in the regional subforums bc the discussions can get contentious as the topic has become highly politicized.

9 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I started a new thread to discuss all these new extremes that we have been experiencing during the 2000's to have all the cases in one place that wont get lost. I would appreciate if you add your own personal extremes or stories since I am sure several were missed in my general summary.

Thanks Bluewave!

6 minutes ago, Rjay said:

All I meant was that we usually don't allow climate change discussion in the regional subforums bc the discussions can get contentious as the topic has become highly politicized.

Yes but trust me when I say it's much worse on other forums (including international ones.)  It turns into a virtual uncivil war.  I like that we can actually insert some humor into the discussion since (especially with the current political climate, pun intended of course) there's little we can do about it.

23 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

impossible to argue there isn't at least some influence when you are breaking all time monthly records 

I mean one or two record breaking days doesn't mean much so just a 70 degree in February isn't enough. But when you look at the warmth we've had for months on end, breaking monthly and daily records left and right, its clear something is going on. 

23 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

impossible to argue there isn't at least some influence when you are breaking all time monthly records 

No I agree man.  I was just trying to say how I saw this particular torch sparking the topic more so than other ones.  It is kind of crazy that I slept with the window open.

12 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Ding ding ding we have a winner! We definitely have great weather on Long Island. A given extreme weather type doesn't really exist that we do not get. From blizzards to hurricanes to ef2 tornadoes. 

and the occasional earthquake ;-) one of these days we'll have one that'll generate a monster wave that will bring surfer heaven (preferably not a tsunami though.)

14 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Ding ding ding we have a winner! We definitely have great weather on Long Island. A given extreme weather type doesn't really exist that we do not get. From blizzards to hurricanes to ef2 tornadoes. 

We certainly have some of the best weather variety year round. I think many on this forum would get bored pretty fast living in San Diego. This month was the first time that the pressure in San Diego fell to 1000 mb or lower since January 2010.

UAH satellite observations are essentially flatlined; when contrasted with NOAA/NASA using 2m observation sites. I think more analysis needs to be done why there is a major difference. 

Further, current indices are well below anticipated IPCC models. 

To deny climate change is absurd; climate is not static. However, the extent of AGW is my concern. Long Island is partially a glacial moraine, left over from a rapid shrinking of the Wisconsin Glacier over 11,000 years ago; long before "oil shills" were around as far as I am aware. 

6 minutes ago, bluewave said:

We certainly have some of the best weather variety year round. I think many on this forum would get bored pretty fast living in San Diego. This month was the first time that the pressure in San Diego fell to 1000 mb or lower since January 2010.

That would get old fast.  The daily talk would be as to what time the fog burns off..."hey folks! it's early today, we're going to torch to 72 instead of 70!"

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived