Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Would be nice if we could pop a storm or even a clipper for Christ's sake.     Otherwise I agree-pretty boring.

Lots of cutters, so we get a few frontal passages, which I supposed could become more interesting as time moves closer. 

Of course it has the infamous day 16 huge blockbuster

gfs_z500_mslp_us_53.png

46 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

We have heard those terms enough by people wishcasting over the last 2 winters to last us a lifetime 

Terrible. Those never pan out in time. Usually in March just in time to ruin spring. 

So much wishcasting this year. People hyping 15 day ghost storms. Sad!

Interesting goings-on down in the tropics.

@tim_dunkerton
@philklotzbach @EricBlake12 whether hiccup, ectopic beat, or tachycardia TBD... QBO a canary in the mine?agupubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/hub/article/10…
@philklotzbach  
Recent strange stratospheric Quasi-Biennial Oscillation behavior - east phase transition significantly delayed. HT @EricBlake12 pic.twitter.com/MVGEwD9v9X
12:32 PM - 2 Mar 2017 from Moraga, CA
For the 2nd consecutive February, daily amplitude of MJO was >1 every day this month - 1st time on record,that consec Febs had this occur. pic.twitter.com/WcpmD4vk8n

View photo ·    

The S. Hemisphere still hasn't gotten the memo that their hurricane season is well underway. ACE only 14% of normal to date for 2016/17. pic.twitter.com/0dujGajt7n

C58KbMwVAAAzLc4.jpg-small.jpg

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

Lol. Yeah. Thats exactly what you were referring to. Cmon dude.

That is exactly what I was referring too. I said we're done with accumulating snow for the season, but that we could have flurries or some white rain from an odd storm chance.

Just now, NJwx85 said:

That is exactly what I was referring too. I said we're done with accumulating snow for the season, but that we could have flurries or some white rain from an odd storm chance.

flurries arent "a storm". Anyway, ive made my point...moving on.

6 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Christ, this pattern is really getting to people.

I've listed several reasons to backup my theories. All I get is, "well it's March and it's snowed in March before so that means it's still possible this year"

How about we string together more than three negative departure days in a row before we start talking about snow. We'll be back above normal by Monday.

3 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

How is it wishcasting if we get blocking like the models are showing?

Careful. a -NAO doesnt mean a big storm.... The strong Pac Jet can overwhelm any ATL blocking.  We need that Jet to relax a bit before we can be talking about anything decent.

53 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Careful. a -NAO doesnt mean a big storm.... The strong Pac Jet can overwhelm any ATL blocking.  We need that Jet to relax a bit before we can be talking about anything decent.

Exactly, the PAC jet has been winning all Winter. We should consider outselves lucky that we got what we did thanks to a few well timed short waves.

35 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Exactly, the PAC jet has been winning all Winter. We should consider outselves lucky that we got what we did thanks to a few well timed short waves.

I don't always agree with you but we are on the same page here.

this winters toast 

and the further we get into March the less and less a -NAO means anyway. In fact as we head into April it often means warmer then normal temps

My father said that we could get the biggest snow of the year this march and after that it'll be a warm up that'll melt the snow within days. He was a meteorologist. Also I had a dream a few days ago that we got pounded with a few feet of snow and usually if I dream of snow it usually comes to fruition within a week or two. It's happened countless times to me. I swear no joking!

14 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

You really believe this blocking is going to come to fruition? How's that worked out for you so far this season?

Good. I got 23 inches.

Every model has the block. Go ahead, keep downplaying midmonth.

Earthlight likes mid month

6 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

My father said that we could get the biggest snow of the year this march and after that it'll be a warm up that'll melt the snow within days. He was a meteorologist. Also I had a dream a few days ago that we got pounded with a few feet of snow and usually if I dream of snow it usually comes to fruition within a week or two. It's happened countless times to me. I swear no joking!

1 hour ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Wow. 

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

With the timing of next weeks potential storm we need to remember that the clocks spring ahead and losing that hour may cut into the snow totals 

This is why we can't have nice things.

Hard to believe it's DST already.

3 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Good. I got 23 inches.

Every model has the block. Go ahead, keep downplaying midmonth.

Earthlight likes mid month

Good for you, and that's because you got 90% of your snow in two storms. I got half that. I don't think you realize how lucky you were this Winter.

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived