Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, masomenos said:

Definitely not getting any kind of snow retention on the coast or anywhere near with this year's pattern. That's fine by me, though.

Prolonged snowpack is not a very enjoyable experience here in the city.

I am more a fan of quality snowstorms than I am of a bunch of lesser storms leaving extended snowpack. In the snowfall department, I enjoyed the

blizzard last winter much more than any of the snow events of the 13-14 or 14-15 winters. I was happy making the tradeoff between a better

blizzard over a longer duration  snowpack. The most impressive thing for me about the 14-15 winter was near record February cold and build up

of ice on the local waterways.

1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

Just reminded me to make a beer run before the storm...

1 hour ago, snywx said:

Or "metro area" lol.. I wish people understood the difference between the actual city & the metropolitan area

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Tomorrow it will be dumping, pouring, puking, "hardest I've ever seen it snow"

1 hour ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I'm guilty of those lol... but man do I hate the term "verbatim" 

has nothing to do with models or maps lol... and is never used properly anyway

1 hour ago, mriceyman said:

I like the term "nuking" personally

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

American Weather Board

932 AM EST Wed Feb 8 2017

...Weenie Inaccurate Observation and Snowfall Measuring Warning Late Tonight and Thursday...

...A WEENIE INACCURATE OBSERVATION AND SNOWFALL MEASURING WARNING FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM EST THURSDAY...

The American Weather Board has issued a Weenie Inaccurate Observation and Snowfall Measuring Warning...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM EST Thursday. The Weenie Watch is no longer in effect.

* Locations...New York City, Long Island, Southern Connecticut,

the Lower Hudson Valley and Northeastern New Jersey.

* Hazard type...overuse of exaggerated terms, bickering among various posters, and horrendous snowfall measuring techniques.

* Timing...Late tonight through Thursday.

* Impacts...heavy board traffic including posts from posters you’ve never heard of before.

* Overused terms/phrases in no particular order....nuking, puking, crushed, dumping, pouring, pounded, hammered, jackpot, hardest snow I’ve ever seen.  There is also a chance of some random “this storm sucks” posts

* Incorrect measuring techniques...be aware of posters measuring once an hour and adding each measurement into a grant total and posters who think a snowboard is only something one uses at Hunter Mountain.  Be extra careful of the eyeball measurements taken from inside ones residence.   

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Don’t get defensive.  Refrain from attacking other posters.  Take some measurement posts with a grain a salt.  If you don’t jackpot you’ll find that life actually does go on. 

1 minute ago, IrishRob17 said:

American Weather Board

...Weenie Inaccurate Observation and Snowfall Measuring Warning Late Tonight and Thursday...

...A WEENIE INACCURATE OBSERVATION AND SNOWFALL MEASURING WARNING FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 6 PM EST THURSDAY...

The American Weather Board has issued a Weenie Inaccurate Observation and Snowfall Measuring Warning...which is in effect from midnight tonight to 6 PM EST Thursday. The Weenie Watch is no longer in effect.

* Hazard type...overuse of exaggerated terms, bickering amongst various posters, and horrendous snowfall measuring techniques.

* Impacts...heavy board traffic including posts from posters you’ve never heard of before.

* Overused terms/phrases in no particular order....nuking, puking, crushed, dumping, pouring, pounded, hammered, jackpot, hardest snow I’ve ever seen.  There is also a chance of some random “this storm sucks” posts

* Incorrect measuring techniques...be aware of posters measuring once an hour and adding each measurement into a grant total and posters who think a snowboard is only something one uses at Hunter Mountain.  Be extra careful of the eyeball measurements taken from inside ones residence.   

Don’t get defensive.  Refrain from attacking other posters.  Take some measurement posts with a grain a salt.  If you don’t jackpot you’ll find that life actually does go on. 

+1

4 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

American Weather Board

* Hazard type...overuse of exaggerated terms, bickering among various posters, and horrendous snowfall measuring techniques.

Yes! 

52 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

American Weather Board

Winning

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived