Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I just want to tell you guys something if we get a 980 or a bit lower benchmark track, we can get snow even in the city. 

This is my main thinking at this point, the darker blue is the biggest chance for snow 

IMG_1411.PNG

You currently think the "biggest" chance of snow is directly over NYC? What could you possibly be basing your thoughts off of? Other than, the low will be stronger, the high will be stronger, and the track will be better... all of which are wishcast...

this is a far interior snowstorm as of now, giving anyone around the Albany region the best chance at snow right now (which you don't even have Albany in your "snow band"), certainly not NYC metro, or even the burbs

God, I can only imagine what visitors of this site think when they see these posts 

24 minutes ago, Hailstorm said:

Why was my earlier post this afternoon regarding the warmer 12z GEFS, CMC and EPS ensembles deleted? Several members in here have even said that it is reversing the +PNA pattern in early February. Also, this is the banter thread. I don't comprehend the ambiguity of the policy in here.....

Your post is still there

13 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

You currently think the "biggest" chance of snow is directly over NYC? What could you possibly be basing your thoughts off of? Other than, the low will be stronger, the high will be stronger, and the track will be better... all of which are wishcast...

this is a far interior snowstorm as of now, giving anyone around the Albany region the best chance at snow right now (which you don't even have Albany in your "snow band"), certainly not NYC metro, or even the burbs

God, I can only imagine what visitors of this site think when they see these posts 

To be fair, his dark blue shading runs from NWNJ through your area, towards Hartford and then north of Boston.

With that said, NYC and the immediate burbs are nowhere close to being in play at this point. 

On 1/18/2017 at 0:16 PM, Brian5671 said:

I hope you are using more than the CFS!  Terrible model.   I think there's agreement that the 1st half of the month looks cold, but who knows on the 2nd half.  Given the propensity for the EPO to swing wildly around this year, a predominantly positive AO and zero help in the Atlantic I would not count on the cold pattern lasting more than 2 weeks at this juncture.

I agree 100%. Patterns do occasionally flip but its always safe to go with the trend, which is 1 to 2 week cold spells followed by 2 to 3 week warm spells. Good news is that we have cashed in on both cold spells thus far, which may continue and if the swings continue in duration we should have another short cold spell in March. If we cash in on both we can reach average snowfall.

This sucks models suck and my predictions suck. My wife sucks and so does this storm. I'm sure yanksfan is gonna be happy. If this storm just had some cold air man this would have been a blizzard of our times! I'm depressed cause of these weather models. Can't believe how horrible they are...

edit: I don't do drugs that depresses me even more. 

14 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

This sucks models suck and my predictions suck. My wife sucks and so does this storm. I'm sure yanksfan is gonna be happy. If this storm just had some cold air man this would have been a blizzard of our times! I'm depressed cause of these weather models. Can't believe how horrible they are...

xanax-white-pills.png

25 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

use pills, other methods leave a mess behind

I've noticed over the last 5 years or so, it's impossible to hold a middle ground opinion on storms and track them accordingly... you're either getting harassed by weenies when you think a storm won't materialize, or your getting harassed by the doom and gloomers when you think there's a shot at snow...

you've either gotta go all in weenie on here, or all in doom and gloom....

6 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

edit: I don't do drugs that depresses me even more. 

Not every wound up coastal storm at 40 N is a snowtorm .

A L 100 miles E of AC needs more than just pom poms.

Let this one go , this is a CPA Catskill Berkshire Green and White Mountain special. 

This is going to be a windy , coastal beach erosion damaging event .

There will be ones behind this one  with a better air mass and  a good track  that will have your name on it .

This is not the one .

2 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

Let this one go , this is a CPA Catskill Berkshire Green and White Mountain special. 

There will be ones behind this one  with a better air mass and  a good track  that will have your name on it .

This is not the one .

Bingo

36 minutes ago, PB GFI said:

This is not the one .

But this is showing to be a cutter it's not really a good track anymore. Two days ago the trend was colder cause the track was getting better with a benchmark track we would have gotten snow especially if it was a 980 millibars storm

1 hour ago, weatherpruf said:

Xanax is medication, it is legal but addictive. Still, it is one of the best treatments for anxiety and esp panic attacks.

I knew a few people that took xanax in my days and they were all druggies no thanks. Smoke a joint here and there by myself if that maybe a few times a year! 

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived