Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, CIK62 said:

Maybe this will make you feel better.   Even if we can not get to 32 at least we can not get to 59-60 either:  LOL

2017011600_000_360.gif

You have lost your mind - WTF are you trying to say?

While graphs typically help to support/augment one's argument, in this case it seems to have further derailed it... although your argument doesn't really change from day to day anyway.

29 minutes ago, mranger48 said:

Of course it's still showing on my tapatalk. No idea how to get it to disappear. Any other better way to view this forum on my phone other than tapatalk or going to the site directly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just go to the site, never used tapatalk. 

On 1/13/2017 at 9:47 PM, Hailstorm said:

This is my prediction of what will go down over the upcoming week in regards to the models for February:

Today: EPS shows a good pattern: -EPO, +PNA and +PDO

Tomorrow: EPS shows a better pattern with a favorable MJO pulse next month

Sunday: EPS shows a great pattern with a potential -AO developing.

Monday: EPS shows a blockbuster and historic pattern with an -NAO added to the mix.

Tuesday: EPS backs off on the -NAO. Typical pro-snow posters claim that we do not need a -NAO to get a KU.

Wednesday: EPS fails to drop the AO to negative values. Wishcasters are not backing down and say, "Remember the winters of 2013-2015 everyone? There was no Atlantic blocking and we all did well!"

Thursday: EPS loses the +PNA and +PDO. Weenies begin to feel a bit of pressure but state that "we should look at the Euro control run for trends instead."

Friday/Next Weekend: EPS pretty much eradicates the -EPO, savoring only three days in which the EPO is not positive. The cold period is very brief; and the torch resumes for the rest of February." PB GFI says "we should look at the 850/925 mb levels instead of 2m temps."

Next Monday: New Euro/JMA weeklies depict an all-out furnace through Week 4. Don S. finally folds and says that we all should expect the worst and embrace a winter of less than 15" of snowfall for NYC.

Liking this post more and more as today's GFS totally breaks up the pattern as soon as we enter the cold period. Terrible news for sure. We already see a second torch way before we enter the favorable period. I had a hunch that everything will start to go downhill in the modeling on this day.

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived