Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BxEngine said:

Found a patch of grass on my lawn that i must have missed the last time i mowed. And its driving me nuts now. 

You shovel your lawn too? Wow. That's pretty serious.

I actually once had a neighbor that did that. Never questioned his madness, but I'm pretty sure he just liked to keep the snow in one big pile for the sake of preservation.

1 minute ago, masomenos said:

I actually once had a neighbor that did that. Never questioned his madness, but I'm pretty sure he just liked to keep the snow in one big pile for the sake of preservation.

No. I mean the grass is sticking up through the snow.

40 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Where's hailstorm? He always disappears when it actually snows

I was recording footage of the "teleconnection-defying storm" earlier. Without a doubt, it was pleasant to observe.

I am actually quite appreciative that some of the "model sugarcoating" has eased up in the past few days in here; and some posters were finally called out for it.

Let's just now hope that we end our 18-month streak of above-normal temps in either February or March, and manage to nickle and dime ourselves to similar snowfall totals as last winter. I would feel satisfied if we can at least muster a 4th consecutive above-average snowfall winter.

3 hours ago, masomenos said:

It's not a good idea.  It's actually better for your lawn and plants to be under the snow for insulation and as a water source.

Moscow Jan 7th (Their Christmas)

Those who attended midnight liturgy at Moscow’s Cathedral of Christ the Savior had to bundle up for the bitter cold as temperatures in the capital dropped to about -30C on Christmas night. In Moscow Region, temperatures dropped below -32C.

“Even in the last 120 years this Christmas night was the coldest one, though the absolute record was more than 130 years ago, in 1881, it was -35C,” the center reportedly said.

• Rjay unpinned and pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, CIK62 said:

CFS looks worse than ever.   Just 3 BN days in the next 30, and they are the next 3.   That's right, no below normal days all the way to Feb. 07, and did not look like it was about to change at that time either.

Any below normal days between Jan 11th and October 30th?

3 minutes ago, Rjay said:

This is a mega lolz (if the Giants can get past Green Bay today....that's a big if).

I'm pretty impartial for this game.  I wouldn't mind seeing NY win, but Green Bay at Lambeau is very hard, especially in the cold.

2 minutes ago, BlizzardNYC said:

lol okay

We'll see who's laughin next week :lol:

• BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived