Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

You know we're sick when we follow hourly temp obs with mega-suspense.  (OMG what is the 6hr max/min gonna say!!)

when I was a teenager the only way to get the hourly temperature was listen to a radio station that gave you the up to the hour temperature...one of those stations was wabc am top 40 radio...I hardly ever missed the hourly temperature...I followed it more back then than I do now...noaa weather radio was another source...There was a telephone number you could call back then...it was WE 6 1212...we was for weather 6 1212...

1 minute ago, uncle W said:

when I was a teenager the only way to get the hourly temperature was listen to a radio station that gave you the up to the hour temperature...one of those stations was wabc am top 40 radio...I hardly ever missed the hourly temperature...I followed it more back then than I do now...noaa weather radio was another source...There was a telephone number you could call back then...it was WE 6 1212...we was for weather 6 1212...

I lived and died by NOAA weather radio.   They used to put the 6 to 10 day outlook on sometimes and I thought that was the bomb!  Like I had some sort of inside info or something...

15 minutes ago, uncle W said:

Yeah, NOAA weather radio for me along with 1010 WINS and 880 WCBS for hourly readings. I actually met the guy that went into the NOAA radio booth every hour

to record the hourly readings on a trip to the NWS a while back.

1 hour ago, uncle W said:

With today's technologies, can not see why KWO-35 can't have automated weather condition updates interspersed every six minutes, till the full update on the hours.  If you have the AM Air Band on your radio, you might be able to pull in the Wall St. Heliport.   At any rate you can call the computer there with your cell and get it.  

Using my first transistor radio on the beach in 1960, I could get the Battery Park output, a closer analog to CI than CPK, but still hourly of course.

As an early season beach goer in April/May here in CI, the hourly temperatures fails badly when a sea breeze suddenly starts and temp. goes from say 74 to 57 in a few minutes, and while WINS keeps saying 74 I am getting dressed to leave faster than a Superman costume change.  

Wow.  People cheering the first 32 degree reading on Dec. 09, when it could have happened on any of the previous 55 days.

Negative/Positive EPO, WPOs.    Just wait till the Wall St.  IPO goes negative and whole Dow Vortex comes plunging south.   LOL>

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived