Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Met Winter 2016-17 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

What is going on in the storm thread?  I must have missed something.

A 2 page fight about who should be allowed to post where based on arbitrary lines designed hundreds of years ago by those well known weather weenie Lenni-Lenape Americans. 

1 minute ago, BxEngine said:

A 2 page fight about who should be allowed to post where based on arbitrary lines designed hundreds of years ago by those wll known weather weenie Lenni-Lenape Americans. 

Wow. I had never heard of the Lenni-Lenape before. They werent really in Suffolk County so i guess we never learned about them. We learned more about the Iroqois and Algonquin (sp?)

1 minute ago, psv88 said:

Wow. I had never heard of the Lenni-Lenape before. They werent really in Suffolk County so i guess we never learned about them. We learned more about the Iroqois and Algonquin (sp?)

A lot of the stuff up around here we managed to learn about before the schools went to crap, lol.

Just now, pazzo83 said:

You know we're sick when we follow hourly temp obs with mega-suspense.  (OMG what is the 6hr max/min gonna say!!)

I spent hours making sure my PWS was properly sited. I even had the company which installed my fence install a pole for my PWS. They thought i was nuts. 

Great part is my daughter loves the weather too...shes 3 and is my little weather buddy. I do feel bad for giving her the disease...

13 minutes ago, psv88 said:

Yep. Sucks trying to get some sleep during a big storm when you got a big day the next day. It's a disease. 

Yeah after the storm is over you crash like you have been on a vegas binger at the age of 21 

11 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

You know we're sick when we follow hourly temp obs with mega-suspense.  (OMG what is the 6hr max/min gonna say!!)

haha. The rest of my friends could care less if central park never hit 32 again lol

2 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

I blame my parents they should have put a stop to this when all i wanted was a weather channel polo on xmass 20 years ago 

My dad got me hooked...he bought a Davis when i was in middle school, from then ion i was screwed. Plus we had a small boat so i was always on the water listening to the marine forecast. We used to go away for a week or so, and tracking the weather was important.

3 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

The best is when i take a jebwalk during a storm at like 2 am. Wife asks where im going, i actually respond "for a jebwalk", and she just goes back to sleep muttering. 

You're killing me here lol .. literally lmao and my kids looking at me like i have 5 heads

10 minutes ago, psv88 said:

My dad got me hooked...he bought a Davis when i was in middle school, from then ion i was screwed. Plus we had a small boat so i was always on the water listening to the marine forecast. We used to go away for a week or so, and tracking the weather was important.

Well its nice you have a special memory with your Pops.

Imagine a life with just getting the forecast from Al Roker? it would be amazing 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine locked, unpinned and unlocked this topic

Archived