joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November 2016 General Discussion

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Younar said:

Moderate snow and windy in the western twin cities metro. Switched over at about 130. Up north is getting smoked. Grand Rapids (MN, not MI) reported two inches in 30 minutes not long ago.

Just switched over here in Mpls. Lightning, hail, sleet and snow all in a 6 hr period today. Good stuff. 

nothing like N MN, but my point now has 6-9" of snow with most falling late tonight through mid afternoon.  Going out on a limb and guessing someone in the UP will see over a foot (possibly imby).  still, the winds are what's impressing me the most.  heck of a way to kick off the snow season.

NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL GUST AS HIGH AS
55 TO 65 MPH LATE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THERE IS SOME
POTENTIAL FOR WIND GUSTS OVER 70 MPH BETWEEN MARQUETTE AND SHOT
POINT SATURDAY MORNING.

4 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

nothing like N MN, but point imby now has 6-9" of snow with most falling late tonight through mid afternoon.  Going out on a limb and guessing someone in the UP will see over a foot.  still, the winds are what's impressing me the most.  heck of a way to kick off the snow season.

NORTH TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL GUST AS HIGH AS
55 TO 65 MPH LATE TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY AFTERNOON. THERE IS SOME
POTENTIAL FOR WIND GUSTS OVER 70 MPH BETWEEN MARQUETTE AND SHOT
POINT SATURDAY MORNING.

hope no shippers are attempting a run across Lake Superior in this one. :(

meanwhile, it just switched over to regular snow in the north end of St Paul not too long ago. not sticking on the roads as of yet.

11 minutes ago, Jim Marusak said:

hope no shippers are attempting a run across Lake Superior in this one. :(

meanwhile, it just switched over to regular snow in the north end of St Paul not too long ago. not sticking on the roads as of yet.

For sure.  This is an Edmund Fitzgerald type storm.  Big Bay is closest to me, but might head to just east of Marquette to check out the waves and wind... depending on what travel off the ridge here is like with possible snow and tree damage.  Certainly am prepared for a sustained power outage and no snow plows making it up here.

7 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Latest snowfall forecast through Sunday.  Lake Nipigon streamer really going to deliver over in Alger County and continue down into N Lower.

MQT_Snow.png

APX thinking pretty similar, warnings up for NWL as well now. 6-8 looks pretty good bet now, someone may hit 10+ if they catch a band just right. FileL.png?rand=9836

I haven't been reading up on analogs for this Fall and what the following Winters were like... Going to try and catch up on that this weekend.  Is anyone concerned we may have a cruddy Winter looking at past history?  

Long range starting to show a better pattern late November into the opening of December.  

Archived