• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
November 2016 General Discussion

46 minutes ago, nwburbschaser said:

Those Bamwx guys give me a headache at times. They were calling for pattern flips in late October, then early November, then mid November, and now late November. They will keep at it until something sticks. 

This. I follow Clark on twitter, but nothing more. They seem to do a decent job with the shorter term stuff, but their longer term outlooks I really question.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LoveSN+ said:

This. I follow Clark on twitter, but nothing more. They seem to do a decent job with the shorter term stuff, but their longer term outlooks I really question.

Some people just want to be able to say that they called something first. I don't like the in your face, we're better than you attitude. That was on full display when "organic forecasting" was all the rage with them a while back. Long range forecasting is tough so I wish some people were a bit humble whether it verifies or not, thats my issue. 

We'll see how November pans out, but it might be a while before we see any sustained cold so I'm hesitant to buy into any calls for some huge flip. 

The rain has stopped here.  Here at my house I recorded 0.55” of rain today.  Over at the airport the official reading was 0.62” so far. Its now a warm and kind of humid 60° with a dp of 58.   The high here at my house was 68° vs the official high of 64 at the airport.  Either way a very warm start to the month of November 2016. Grand Rapids now has had only one month in the last 14 months that were below average (April) and in April GRR mean was 46.0 and that was -2.0° and there was 9.4” of snow.

4 hours ago, nwburbschaser said:

Those Bamwx guys give me a headache at times. They were calling for pattern flips in late October, then early November, then mid November, and now late November. They will keep at it until something sticks. 

Yeah they aren't good, they try too much to be the first to say something like the pattern flip for example but end up being wrong over and over.

4 hours ago, slimjim101 said:

The rain has stopped here.  Here at my house I recorded 0.55” of rain today.  Over at the airport the official reading was 0.62” so far. Its now a warm and kind of humid 60° with a dp of 58.   The high here at my house was 68° vs the official high of 64 at the airport.  Either way a very warm start to the month of November 2016. Grand Rapids now has had only one month in the last 14 months that were below average (April) and in April GRR mean was 46.0 and that was -2.0° and there was 9.4” of snow.

1.46" and counting just 25 minutes WSW of GRR.

33 minutes ago, A-L-E-K said:

insane blocking pattern showing up, we could seriously torch all winter if this locks in

We have been in this pattern for months. Usually went snowcover starts spreading across Canada, the jet stream will start moving into place for polar air.

It’s clear and 34° here and a lot of frost on the roof tops. But still GRR has not had an official low of 32° or below yet.  Grand Rapids is now on track to be reach the 3 latest date for reaching 32 or colder. Right now the next date to be broken in November 6th (1940} November 11 (1897) and the record latest first 32 date November 14 (1918)  

Archived