• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Op Euro says days and days of 60's and 70's right thru day 10 and beyond extrapolated. 

Just massive CONUS torching coast to coast

Will be very hard to get November below normal given how the next two weeks look, I'm linking +2 to +4 for the month

Euro ensembles still look to show a pretty nice flip around mid month which matches up with the weeklies (which looked quite cold again for 2nd half of Nov in last night's run).

So we'll see. Hopefully we'll have an event or two to track in November...another White Thanksgiving would be cool. Had about 6" OTG on winter hill in 2014.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro ensembles still look to show a pretty nice flip around mid month which matches up with the weeklies (which looked quite cold again for 2nd half of Nov in last night's run).

So we'll see. Hopefully we'll have an event or two to track in November...another White Thanksgiving would be cool. Had about 6" OTG on winter hill in 2014.

Until the 15th. Dry and mostly WAN with a few 70+ days next week in usual spots, fake cold radiator mornings and little to no rain. Most LR shows wet 2nd half of month and if we can coincide that with we'll timed cold.. it's a T-giving of yore.. complete with a great Cowboys team 

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Until the 15th. Dry and mostly WAN with a few 70+ days next week in usual spots, fake cold radiator mornings and little to no rain. Most LR shows wet 2nd half of month and if we can coincide that with we'll timed cold.. it's a T-giving of yore.. complete with a great Cowboys team 

Leon?

Things could change earlier around the 10th as I was suggesting too but if people are content with just going with the euro ensembles for all that then yeah it's possible one side is just rushing things - that's happened before too. One other thing I've noticed since about last May and hasn't really stopped yet is that the models keep over exaggerating ridges in the middle range .... shorter in duration less amplified.  Might allow for more of a seasonal Fairweather stretch as opposed to very above normal. 

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

You think Ginx? I'm very skeptical of this upcoming pattern . 

Well with the Euro Ens 5 H pattern and the weeklies look I feel that we are in the quick step down process. I don't think about true winter until the last week of Novie but each day it appears to me that the cards are lining up for the NE to be in a good spot for some action. Primarily hoping that ski areas get good bases going early this year and we enjoy a wintry last 5 weeks of the year.

00z Euro kind of shows how New England could escape the brunt of the CONUS warmth over the next 10 days. Some mild days in there for sure but also a few sneaky Quebec cold shots. That would be good news for ski areas.  Just a slow melt of the base that has been built so far. 

Then hopefully things really flip around mid month into a more long wave colder winter pattern. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Well you live in North Carolina

Lol I know. But with the indices the way they look we usually we pretty well if the H5 lines up the way the indices look. Remember I live at 3500 feet Kevin in the mountains of WNC not the low lands. Anyway yall do a great job up here and have some great mets so I keep up to date with what yall are looking at. 

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well with the Euro Ens 5 H pattern and the weeklies look I feel that we are in the quick step down process. I don't think about true winter until the last week of Novie but each day it appears to me that the cards are lining up for the NE to be in a good spot for some action. Primarily hoping that ski areas get good bases going early this year and we enjoy a wintry last 5 weeks of the year.

Thanks Ginx.

2 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Lol I know. But with the indices the way they look we usually we pretty well if the H5 lines up the way the indices look. Remember I live at 3500 feet Kevin in the mountains of WNC not the low lands. Anyway yall do a great job up here and have some great mets so I keep up to date with what yall are looking at. 

Nice, you must miss those miller As that have been scarce over the past several winters then. I sure as heck do up here. 

31 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

whats your annual average, thats serious elevation

Archived