• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah gotta be a decent chance for at least upslope snows given that overall set up.  

Welcome back, we thought we lost you to Canada. Yes you have to be encouraged starting next week for the ski area to gain some ground lost. All of the USA should see gains now, its coming, you guys are usually 2-3 weeks head of me and that appears to be the case. Climo 

16 hours ago, dendrite said:

I'd argue 25F and calm requires similar energy to heat as 35F and a strong wind. A home sorta has a layer of "body heat" like a human with a wind chill effect. 

Years ago I read somewhere that one could wind-adjust heating needs by adding wind mph as a percent to measured HDDs - a day with mean temp of 15 would need energy for 50 HDDs in calm, and 60 if the wind was 20 mph.  I doubt there was much if any actual quantitative study behind the comment. 

heh...these negative tilt deep layer troughs tend to error west of guidance qpf ...i think we can see that happening as heavy action with embedded convection even is punching west of previous guidance through the Hudson Valley .. while we have lighter showers under a 7,000 foot high warm front over us.

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

heh...these negative tilt deep layer troughs tend to error west of guidance qpf ...i think we can see that happening as heavy action with embedded convection even is punching west of previous guidance through the Hudson Valley .. while we have lighter showers under a 7,000 foot high warm front over us.

They'll be a second jack somewhere in eastern ma from low level forcing too. That area near Hudson was shown from hi res too.

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yup Dxr to HRV to Berks jack and E Mass while screwed again between 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yup Dxr to HRV to Berks jack and E Mass while screwed again between 

Didnt a lot of Central/Eastern Conn get soaked recently by a system that ended up pushing heavy rains West of guidance.

You may have got fringed, but that area in East Central Conn has done pretty well recently 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Welcome back, we thought we lost you to Canada. Yes you have to be encouraged starting next week for the ski area to gain some ground lost. All of the USA should see gains now, its coming, you guys are usually 2-3 weeks head of me and that appears to be the case. Climo 

Haha I didn't go anywhere?  Just a boring November so far...zzzzzz was the right call.  Hopefully it's time to wake up.

Archived