• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Novie is near, the first un-official month of SNE winter!

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Steve the problem is talking about your backyard compared to my backyard, our worst winters snowfall wise differ because you are further west than I am and I am on the ocean.  05 was the worst winter snowfall here 98.7" fell in my backyard while another winter might have been worse for you.

I haven't interacted with you James  I know our climo This real estate dude from NYC thinks mankind will experience the worst winter ever known. Cmon

if you think i am crazy just wait til march and throw it back in my face... i will gladly be wrong, in fact i hope i am wrong, but i am looking at the snowcover anomalies, the temp anomalies, and the water vapor up north... and winter is coming...

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I didn't mean to stir the pot Steve, just trying to see where this guy is coming from, even I didn't say it would be the worst winter of all time.  100" is a lot of snow.

He can't tell us what the worst winter was for mankind , remember when he claims victory when a portion of the world has a brutal winter he said mankind.

snows beginning across northern Africa now... i suspect as GAK airmasses plunge into Europe part of the reason we will soon transition to an enormous ++++ridge over Greenland is the fact that once the Alps/Atlas mountains are snow-covered, airmasses plunging S get extra oomph and don't warm as quickly, enabling them to drift W with more regularity... this Westward movement undercuts the NATL ridge and pumps it even higher, cutting off a huge area of +++500mb anoms over Greenland.

this happened in Nov-Dec 2010 if you wanna go check maps... 

gfs_asnow_eu_41.png

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

He can't tell us what the worst winter was for mankind , remember when he claims victory when a portion of the world has a brutal winter he said mankind.

it isn't a portion, it is the entire NHEM, just look at the map...

it isn't just here, it is Europe, Russia, China, India... the problem is increased variability, it may be very hot but it will also be very cold... agriculture relies on seasons... maybe you don't know how plants grow?

gem_T2ma_nhem_35.png

8 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

we had a stable three-cell system thanks to the Arctic... that is no longer the case now that it is shifting to a temperate climate most of the year... you think that destroying the polar/tropical gradient isn't going to tip everything out of balance? you must not have been looking out the window for the past yr...

Are you going to just sit and make anecdotal claims of "looking out the window"? 

There is plenty of literature on the subject and you obviously haven't read it and instead go around calling entire forums "climate deniers".  It's not a good look. This really isn't the place for the debate anyway. I would be happy to provide some reading material in the CC forum. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Are you going to just sit and make anecdotal claims of "looking out the window"? 

There is plenty of literature on the subject and you obviously haven't read it and instead go around calling entire forums "climate deniers".  It's not a good look. This really isn't the place for the debate anyway. I would be happy to provide some reading material in the CC forum. 

...i lived through 12/15 in NYC when we were warmer than an average April and averaged warmer than the coldest Mays... the same winter we saw the biggest snowstorm ever which i correctly predicted would happen... this year we have seen horrific events all over the place; did you miss the wildfires that consumed entire towns across Canada/Siberia? what about Baton Rouge? or the Carolina floods? or Miami sinking into the ocean? or the CA drought worsening? 

last Christmas I was in DC... we had a 22 degree halo -- it was 75 degrees xmas eve and there was literally a tropical phenomenon at 39N that night, in the dead of winter.

i did not say the entire forum is full of deniers -- but i definitely think that you are the pack's ringleader. 

4 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

...i lived through 12/15 in NYC when we were warmer than an average April and averaged warmer than the coldest Mays... the same winter we saw the biggest snowstorm ever which i correctly predicted would happen... this year we have seen horrific events all over the place; did you miss the wildfires that consumed entire towns across Canada/Siberia? what about Baton Rouge? or the Carolina floods? or Miami sinking into the ocean? or the CA drought worsening? 

last Christmas I was in DC... we had a 22 degree halo -- it was 75 degrees xmas eve and there was literally a tropical phenomenon at 39N that night, in the dead of winter.

i did not say the entire forum is full of deniers -- but i definitely think that you are the pack's ringleader. 

More anecdotal claims. There's extreme weather all the time in the world and it existed before major Arctic amplification too. The IPCC SREX report documents the extreme weather and it is not nearly as sensational as you present. Like i said. Take it to the CC forum and post some literature...because the literature is a lot more believable than you. 

8 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

He's one of the most rational posters on this board. You need to end the rhetoric. 

39 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

we had a stable three-cell system thanks to the Arctic... that is no longer the case now that it is shifting to a temperate climate most of the year... you think that destroying the polar/tropical gradient isn't going to tip everything out of balance? you must not have been looking out the window for the past yr...

Please stop with this nonsense, it's trolling pure and simple

33 minutes ago, qr7121 said:

Lol it's imby cherry picking.  How about upstate NY and NNE last year?  No hecs, not one decent storm, record low snow and warmth.  How about just 40 miles north of NYC, no hecs... Heck even the lower hudson valley and nw NJ saw little snow.  

Archived