SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Oct 27th to 29th vigorous Vort max Sn/Rn/wind

Ginx snewx

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't really live in an area where dry can beget dry for long periods. We have too many months influenced by synoptic systems for that. Yeah, it can decently dry with consecutive dry years and nil convection in the summer, but we don't do droughts like the SE, plains, and SW can. We're too far north to be continuously influenced by the subtropical highs. 

Was jsut looking at the Sunapee webcam, surprised to see it snowing at 1650': 

http://www.mountsunapee.com/mtsunapeewinter/onthemountain/mountainphoto/sunbowl-webcam.asp

I'm guessing they must have a few inches up top, about 1000' higher. 

Also, somewhat surprised it looks like it's raining at WV. I think their base elevation is around 1850'

13 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

2.20" moderate rain.  Looks like it's going to pivot near me.  I can see Sunapee on a clear day.  Temp is holding at 41F.  Wonder if I could briefly change to snow if the air cooled enough over me?

I don't see why not? I just flipped to NNW at home and the temp started dropping. Still 33F at Newbury. 

It got close to some borderline large issues here this summer.  Some of that is due to increased population taxing the water too, but vegetation started taking a hit, and not just weeds. But I think I have had 8'+ in the past 5 weeks.  Of course now, I don't care as much with things going dormant, but good for the rivers and reservoirs. 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Lot of people with dug wells up here went dry just in the last month, And most said that they had never had that happen, I know one of the local well drillers here, And he said if you called them today, They could get to you by January

25 foot wells are always a shaky proposition 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The hi res models really nail extreme ern MA, especially Cape Anne and Cape Cod with a nrly low level jet. It goes from 29015kts to 36035G45kts out of nowhere. Isle of Shoals will be interesting.

Its ripping here at work right now just had a gust to 36 which is a lot on the Davis

Archived