Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Oct 27th to 29th vigorous Vort max Sn/Rn/wind

Ginx snewx

2 hours ago, bobbutts said:

How much relative weight do you guys put on the long range forecasts vs. Climo?

There's some but not a ton put on long range props...if it's looking exceedingly likely for a given outcome then yes, it's weighed heavily but most of the time it's not.  Last December was one of those times when even at the beginning of the month it was obvious it would be a disaster.  Then you pull the trigger on hammering the same routes to keep you open, rather than going into expansion mode.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing that sucks for me personally is that if any snow does fall and accumulate (a bit of a stretch for measurable here), I will be at work around 700 feet lower in el and 20 miles east...so I will miss much if not all of it before the changeover

Need to have my daughter record orbs and make measurements at school I guess

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It looks like a lot of model guidance is absolutely torching the lower atmosphere between 12z and 18z in central SNE. I'm kind of skeptical of how fast it is doing that. 

They've been doing that all along. While it's been persistent, I haven't bought into that at all since yesterday...at least from ORH on west. Good luck torching ORH with clouds and a NE wind. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

They've been doing that all along. While it's been persistent, I haven't bought into that at all since yesterday...at least from ORH on west. Good luck torching ORH with clouds and a NE wind. 

0C line at 925mb is still south of LI right now on mesoanalysis. It's got a long ways to go before it can overtake interior MA. 

Archived