• Member Statistics

    15,529
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    davisinstruments
    Newest Member
    davisinstruments
    Joined
Sign in to follow this  
Ginx snewx

Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Recommended Posts

Looks like it's over to snow at the Echo Lake RWIS...32.9F. The network apparently keeps increasing. They have one in New Ipswich on rt124 too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like it's over to snow at the Echo Lake RWIS...32.9F. The network apparently keeps increasing. They have one in New Ipswich on rt124 too.

This event has sucked to update so far. The MAV and MET are so far out to lunch on temps right now they are actually hurting our blends. Best guidance I can find right now for temps and PoP is the CMC-reg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

This event has sucked to update so far. The MAV and MET are so far out to lunch on temps right now they are actually hurting our blends. Best guidance I can find right now for temps and PoP is the CMC-reg.

It's funny you say that. I peeked at MOS earlier and thought my vendor hadn't updated or something. The 2z temps are running like 4-7F cooler than the MOS progged 3z temps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Probably 6" on the Douglas firs and half inch of slop with water running down ski trail. 

If I may be obnoxiously pedantic for a moment, I would like to point out that those aren't Douglas firs up there. They're mostly balsam firs or red spruce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eekuasepinniW said:

If I may be obnoxiously pedantic for a moment, I would like to point out that those aren't Douglas firs up there. They're mostly balsam firs or red spruce.

:weenie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing but a driving rainstorm here as we close in 2" for the day. Too bad it wasn't a little colder. We had some mangled flakes mixing in from time to time starting around 2 PM lasting until around 9-10 PM when it actually began to warm up a tad. We bottomed at 34.5° F, but we're now back up to 37.2° F as some milder air must be wrapping around the storm center. 

I took a drive to 2K in Windsor a little before 6 PM and they had a solid quarter to half inch up there on grassy surfaces. 

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow things got white out there in a hurry everything but the stone walls look to be covered now .  Coming down at a good clip.  First snow at the new house!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, klw said:

Wow things got white out there in a hurry everything but the stone walls look to be covered now .  Coming down at a good clip.  First snow at the new house!

Fabulous!   First snow at the new house is always the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowing out...about as wet a snow as it'll get. Some slushy accums on the leaves, parts of the lawn, car and deck.  Can definitely get first measurable of the season even if only a few tenths.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Snowing out...about as wet a snow as it'll get. Some slushy accums on the leaves, parts of the lawn, car and deck.  Can definitely get first measurable of the season even if only a few tenths.

 

Nice dude. Mtn must look sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That guy got 6.25" since midnight. 

I've got friends on the west slope at 1,500ft who have trees down and no power from 3-6" depending on the surface.  

Theres a 6.2" CoCoRAHS report in the west slopes east of Middlebury. 

The upslope cooling on the windward side looks to have dropped snow levels locally lower there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MBRI said:

From Moose Alley  Cabins in the burg

14608788_393205841068819_8047241218520037600_o.jpg

Wow that looks like a solid 8" on the railing anyway. Maybe more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I've got friends on the west slope at 1,500ft who have trees down and no power from 3-6" depending on the surface.  

Theres a 6.2" CoCoRAHS report in the west slopes east of Middlebury. 

The upslope cooling on the windward side looks to have dropped snow levels locally lower there.

Yeah that's what I was getting at yesterday in the response to the 925mb thing. The snow levels are definitely gonna be lower on the windward side. I assume some leafed trees there too? Sounds like it may be a high impact event there being a suburban environment.  I know Will probably could go on about how the 2008 icestorm levels were about 600' or so higher on the east slopes of the Berks, compared to ORH hills thanks to the erly flow first upsloping over the ORH hills and then downsloping in the CT valley before rising again in the east slopes of the Berks.  Nice dude. get some pics from the mtn if you have a chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eekuasepinniW said:

If I may be obnoxiously pedantic for a moment, I would like to point out that those aren't Douglas firs up there. They're mostly balsam firs or red spruce.

Thanks.  Saved me from having to be the tree Nazi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that it's lighter I can see houses like a few hundred feet higher than me that look plastered. I've got a coating with grass blades poking through but it looks real white not much higher up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Heading out shortly.  Base area looks nice.

IMG_3517.JPG

 

I'm not doing a good job of "multi-quoting" so....

good pics to all those posting those.

 

LOL at the pedantic tree comments.

 

Grey, cool and breezy in Maine.  The way life should be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.