• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Ginx snewx

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wow. Well AWT in terms of the rain impact.

This may be the story of this storm.  Regardless of any backside snow.

I don't know the ORH area that well but this has to be causing some serious problems.  I've found 3 PWS with over 5" now in the past 3 hours.

This is insane.  This is happening so fast too.  Talk about efficiency. 

October_21_ORHb.jpg

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

This may be the story of this storm.  Regardless of any backside snow.

I don't know the ORH area that well but this has to be causing some serious problems.  Places are going over 5" now in the past 3 hours.

This is insane.

October_21_ORHb.jpg

PF - do you have link for this?

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Have to watch out for some of the PWS, but 4+ certainly. 

Yeah I thought most of them look pretty legit, even those just over 5".  The ones to toss are the ones that show like 0.96" and are surrounded by 3-5" amounts, lol.

But I don't care where you are, the drought, antecedent conditions, urban or non-urban...getting 3-5" in 3 hours is going to cause problems.  Potentially huge problems.  Once into the 4-5" range in that short of a time frame you've got washouts, parking lots with 5 feet of water in them, all underpasses are probably flooded, etc. 

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

that was the best thunderstorm i've personally witnessed in years.  unreal... you can really see this thing exploding on infrared imagery... 

Nice to see some posters getting the weather-gasm this evening.  I'm really impressed with those totals even up here...that type of rain is hard to come by, even in a tropical storm in August up here.

Its like Irene rainfall but occurring in just a few hours.

Archived