• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Ginx snewx

21 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm more and more convinced that we sit in a relatively favorable spot for events like this due to the orientation of the coastline. I think local frictional wind patterns/coastal front help to enhance rainfall (or snowfall when it comes to NORLUNs) in that northern coastal York area up through LEW. This is like the third event in the last 3 years with flash flooding on a similar set up.

This is true, And definitely we are in a favorable spot on these SWFE like we may end up seeing towards the end of the week when they track favorably

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Didn't this happen recently and they saved the kid?

Supposedly (as others have mentioned) it was a combined (sewer and stormwater) storm drain. They were probably constructed around the turn of the 20th century, and well undersized. Usually it only takes a couple inches of rain. Nashua is also known for having triangular sewer manhole covers which were prone to unique problems one of which was manhole covers falling into the manhole. Apparently they're replacing those covers these days. 

I read a body was recovered downstream in Tyngsboro.

7 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Supposedly (as others have mentioned) it was a combined (sewer and stormwater) storm drain. They were probably constructed around the turn of the 20th century, and well undersized. Usually it only takes a couple inches of rain. Nashua is also known for having triangular sewer manhole covers which were prone to unique problems one of which was manhole covers falling into the manhole. Apparently they're replacing those covers these days. 

I read a body was recovered downstream in Tyngsboro.

Boston Globe story with picture of cover.  

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2016/10/24/nashua-officials-unsure-why-manhole-was-uncovered-before-fatal-fall-that-killed-teenager/erKhiLccH0Tj3W2HxQOovM/story.html

Archived