• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Ginx snewx

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like it's over to snow at the Echo Lake RWIS...32.9F. The network apparently keeps increasing. They have one in New Ipswich on rt124 too.

This event has sucked to update so far. The MAV and MET are so far out to lunch on temps right now they are actually hurting our blends. Best guidance I can find right now for temps and PoP is the CMC-reg.

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

This event has sucked to update so far. The MAV and MET are so far out to lunch on temps right now they are actually hurting our blends. Best guidance I can find right now for temps and PoP is the CMC-reg.

It's funny you say that. I peeked at MOS earlier and thought my vendor hadn't updated or something. The 2z temps are running like 4-7F cooler than the MOS progged 3z temps.

Nothing but a driving rainstorm here as we close in 2" for the day. Too bad it wasn't a little colder. We had some mangled flakes mixing in from time to time starting around 2 PM lasting until around 9-10 PM when it actually began to warm up a tad. We bottomed at 34.5° F, but we're now back up to 37.2° F as some milder air must be wrapping around the storm center. 

I took a drive to 2K in Windsor a little before 6 PM and they had a solid quarter to half inch up there on grassy surfaces. 

IMG_1805.JPG

IMG_1810.JPG

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That guy got 6.25" since midnight. 

I've got friends on the west slope at 1,500ft who have trees down and no power from 3-6" depending on the surface.  

Theres a 6.2" CoCoRAHS report in the west slopes east of Middlebury. 

The upslope cooling on the windward side looks to have dropped snow levels locally lower there.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I've got friends on the west slope at 1,500ft who have trees down and no power from 3-6" depending on the surface.  

Theres a 6.2" CoCoRAHS report in the west slopes east of Middlebury. 

The upslope cooling on the windward side looks to have dropped snow levels locally lower there.

Yeah that's what I was getting at yesterday in the response to the 925mb thing. The snow levels are definitely gonna be lower on the windward side. I assume some leafed trees there too? Sounds like it may be a high impact event there being a suburban environment.  I know Will probably could go on about how the 2008 icestorm levels were about 600' or so higher on the east slopes of the Berks, compared to ORH hills thanks to the erly flow first upsloping over the ORH hills and then downsloping in the CT valley before rising again in the east slopes of the Berks.  Nice dude. get some pics from the mtn if you have a chance. 

Archived