• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Ginx snewx

ha ha haaaa -

just bustin' your balls man.  

yeay... not windy here really.  but we do expect to have a better presentation of that during the night, sure. 

i don't think it warrants 'hyperbole' though - so just imagine the respect you could gain back if you chose this moment to say something lucid like, "Yeah, I think stepping off the significance of the wind is in order, although it may still be a sporadic problem here and there - we'll have to monitor it in now-cast".

but i have a funny feelin' you'll opt out of that, huh?

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

ha ha haaaa -

just bustin' your balls man.  

yeay... not windy here really.  but we do expect to have a better presentation of that during the night, sure. 

i don't think it warrants 'hyperbole' though - so just imagine the respect you could gain back if you chose this moment to say something lucid like, "Yeah, I think stepping off the significance of the wind is in order, although it may still be a sporadic problem here and there - we'll have to monitor it in now-cast".

but i have a funny feelin' you'll opt out of that, huh?

Actually I agree.

however.

That's not me:mellow:

Eyewall posted a video on social media from the Bolton Valley base area at 2,000ft and it looked to be snowing hard with accumulations starting.

Down to 29F at Mansfield and can tell its starting to freeze up...the wind gusts went from 75mph to 28mph with the temp drop.  Freezing anemometer FTL.

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Actually I agree.

however.

That's not me:mellow:

no no - 

can't have it both ways.  you can't both agree, and then say it's not you - that comes off as hypocrisy and actually devalues your content even more, because it may as well be you admitting to being disingenuous -   

i know you want this source to be fun - and for the most part, many of us can and do use it as a diversion from the monotony of moments or unpleasant days.  but it seems you make a real effort to destroy the value of veracious content with ill-and-or purposely timed over the top banter that isn't really supported.  

it shouldn't be a melee in here, either.  i noticed a definitive pattern from you yesterday that struck me as perhaps truth telling; whenever anyone posted anything less than hyperbolic you went out and cherry picked content from some source (no wonder you are a Twitter surfer) that directly contradicts - shouldn't that be trolling (btw) ? 

but, that's fine, it's just that you should do it in both directions - it's okay to be contrarian, not just promoting the end of the world all the time.

so, seeing as you do that - it's not really 'calling you out' ?  it's more like turn around is fair play ;) 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

no no - 

can't have it both ways.  you can't both agree, and then say it's not you - that comes off as hypocrisy and actually devalues your content even more, because it may as well be you admitting to being disingenuous -   

i know you want this source to be fun - and for the most part, many of us can and do use it as a diversion from the monotony of moments or unpleasant days.  but it seems you make a real effort to destroy the value of veracious content with ill-and-or purposely timed over the top banter that isn't really supported.  

it shouldn't be a melee in here, either.  i noticed a definitive pattern from you yesterday that struck me as perhaps truth telling; whenever anyone posted anything less than hyperbolic you went out and cherry picked content from some source (no wonder you are a Twitter surfer) that directly contradicts - shouldn't that be trolling (btw) ? 

but, that's fine, it's just that you should do it in both directions - it's okay to be contrarian, not just promoting the end of the world all the time.

so, seeing as you do that - it's not really 'calling you out' ?  it's more like turn around is fair play ;) 

At any rate.. looking forward to jet engine roars thru treetops

I drove up the Bolton Access Road and hit windshield splats between 1000-1500 ft. by 1800 it was just about all snow and at the base area there was about 0.3 inches on grassy surfaces and rooftops with steady snow and very gusty winds as of 7pm tonight. The base area is around 2000ft. 

50 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

They look close to 1" now.

They really have a sweet set-up.  I've wanted one at my usual snowstake at 3,000ft and we've looked at solar power and satellite transmissions.  But its costly.  I'm going to look closely at areas around the Cliff House at 3,600ft which is a more leveled area with easy power.  The Sugarbush cam with lights at night and good time loops, definitely setting the bar.  It gets windy and very tough to find the perfect spot, but its a fun thing to monitor.  Such a weenie location too at 4,000ft right on the ridgeline... its 1000ft higher than where I usually measure.

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

They really have a sweet set-up.  I've wanted one at my usual snowstake at 3,000ft and we've looked at solar power and satellite transmissions.  But its costly.  I'm going to look closely at areas around the Cliff House at 3,600ft which is a more leveled area with easy power.  The Sugarbush cam with lights at night and good time loops, definitely setting the bar.  It gets windy and very tough to find the perfect spot, but its a fun thing to monitor.  Such a weenie location too at 4,000ft right on the ridgeline... its 1000ft higher than where I usually measure.

Ripping at whiteface, going to be hard to measure with 80 mph winds

Archived