• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Ginx snewx

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah the 12z 4km NAM is right there with the HRRR, printing 2.0-2.5" QPF over Mansfield from 21z this afternoon through 21z tomorrow. 

There's certainly some high bust potential here on the summits.  Probably won't make much difference below 2,000ft as I think it struggles mightily below that elevation...but do the Picnic Tables get 5-8" or like 14-16" is now my question.

Easy foot plus for the tables probably close to 18 you will blizzard tonight, maybe biggest event of the year?

Question for you guys.  Yeah it sure looks like the center is down near CN/RI/MA intersection.  Looking at baro pressures it such a broad area of low pressure.  From Bar Harbor all the way down to SNE.  Does the center of lowest pressure become more pronounced towards a center point , this afternoon as the storm continues to intensify?

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Question for you guys.  Yeah it sure looks like the center is down near CN/RI/MA intersection.  Looking at baro pressures it such a broad area of low pressure.  From Bar Harbor all the way down to SNE.  Does the center of lowest pressure become more pronounced towards a center point , this afternoon as the storm continues to intensify?

No center is offshore

pmsl.gif

20 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Reports of snow around Albany, that guy who use to live in the hills outside Albany maybe snowing

I'm impressed where it's snowing down under 2000ft.  Easing my concerns about 925 temps as even the 12z EURO has no one even at 0C for 925 temps in NY right now.  In fact it's +1C across the board in NY but still getting accums down to the surface.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I'm impressed where it's snowing down under 2000ft.  Easing my concerns about 925 temps as even the 12z EURO has no one even at 0C for 925 temps in NY right now.  In fact it's +1C across the board in NY but still getting accums down to the surface.

Sometimes when it's like +1C at 925 and you have real good lift, that's an isothermal blue bomb in my experience. The lift and subsequent melting will find a way to make it 0C or close to it. Not too surprised to see that given the dynamics. That bodes well for the high terrain of western MA and VT..especially windward side.

Archived