• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Oct 22/23rd Sat /Sun heavy rain, high wind, elevation upslope snow. All of New England

Ginx snewx

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least this is more exciting than September and early October monotonous 60-80F days with random showers mixed in...it reminds you of the increasing synoptic power as we get closer to winter.

Pretty typical for late October though...to get a good storm that gives the NNE mountains their first real snow rather than just frosted tips like we see earlier in the season.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah I'm pretty much at 100% that the first mountain accumulating snows happen this weekend.

Just depends on how low it can get and amounts.  Upslope precip amounts are so hard to forecast.

You'll get it. Whether it's 3" or 11" remains to be seen.

The only thing that interests me is whether or not perhaps the edge of the deformation zone clips berkshires or even ORH hills with first flakes. Some models show that. Otherwise, seems like a typical storm. At least it gets the Pony-Os excited. 

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You'll get it. Whether it's 3" or 11" remains to be seen.

The only thing that interests me is whether or not perhaps the edge of the deformation zone clips berkshires or even ORH hills with first flakes. Some models show that. Otherwise, seems like a typical storm. At least it gets the Pony-Os excited. 

Oh yeah it's definitely a typical storm...don't think anyone thinks otherwise. 

I think it's the same as any upslope chances in the winter...most people don't care, but it gets a small crowd pumped.  Doesn't matter if it's October or February haha.

GFS is alone.  If the Euro shows something similar at 12z to what it showed on it's 0z run that Ginxy posted to start this thread, I'll have a somewhat enhanced hope of some decent rain.  It's been a while since a real real good soaker has played out.

Although I did pretty nicely with the Matthew deal a couple weeks back..got a lot more rain than was originally forecasted just 6-12 hours prior.  Maybe that's what saved this years foliage? Colors in my area are Spectacular..despite the very dry summer and autumn so far.  The extremely dry conditions have not dampened this years foliage in the least in my area.   

This thread covers all of New England, some will get a pretty wild weekend while some won't see anything more than wind so expect the Debras to pop up with the Mehs. But seriously first real organized deeping fall storm of the year.  The unreliable GGEM  CMC is a gully whomper and a Birch Bender Fall foliage ender in the Mts

cmc_total_precip_neng_18.png

cmc_snow_acc_neng_22.png

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

This thread covers all of New England, some will get a pretty wild weekend while some won't see anything more than wind so expect the Debras to pop up with the Mehs. But seriously first real organized deeping fall storm of the year.  The unreliable GGEM  CMC is a gully whomper and a Birch Bender Fall foliage ender in the Mts

cmc_snow_acc_neng_22.png

Hmmmm, that 10" in VT looks like MPV.  Lock it up!

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

1-2 East Ct 2-3 West to WMA all of VT NNH WMaine. Snows in the Berks all of the Greens White Mts

When you start talking these amounts in feet and snow, then I'll definitely be interested.  ;)  Otherwise looks to be a breezy off and on rainy, showery type of deal for our neck of the woods.

2 minutes ago, metagraphica said:

When you start talking these amounts in feet and snow, then I'll definitely be interested.  ;)  Otherwise looks to be a breezy off and on rainy, showery type of deal for our neck of the woods.

Lol but we have to fill the streams first, you have been around long enough to get it.

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Already moving to GFS. 00z had that heavy axis over NYC.. now CT. 1-2 more runs and it will be where it's going . ENE to Maine 

that's a definitely worry-that the convective band corrects east as is often the case if the low is slower to develop.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

cmc_total_precip_neng_18.png

cmc_snow_acc_neng_22.png

That's like Irene levels of QPF.  Haven't seen a 5-7" QPF model run in a while up here.

Archived