• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2016-2017 Winter Outlook

USCAPEWEATHERAF

Ok based upon a rather continuous regime of a -NAO, -AO and +PNA for the winter, especially in December now that the indices are all in that same regime right now for October, expect a return to positive norms towards the month of November and then a return of winter in the month of DEC.  Also combined with an ENSO neutral phase expected this winter, and last several winters being 10-11, which regularly favored all regions, I think we will see equal opportunities for everyone in New England to receive average or above average snowfall this winter.

lol at this thread already. 

Should we all start our own "winter outlook" threads?  I can see it now...Various different threads with above average bulls eyes in Tolland, CT...Wilmington, MA...Springfield, MA...Hubbarston, MA, etc. Each poster trying to justify their predictions expectations with fuzzy science, hope and a whole lotta hype.

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

This isn't hype or fuzzy science, those who know me know otherwise.  I give my opinion and it gets trashed like most enthusiasts do.  Man can I voice my own opinion on an opinionated forum.  I have been right before with big storms.  So that gives me some credence.

You are welcome to give your opinion but your original post had no backing to your thoughts, hence my response.

Also given your posting history you do have a bias that is very CC centric.

So does everyone else in this forum, except for the mets.  Those posters who do not favor their backyard are angels because of most of us care about our frontyard and backyards for matter of fact.  That is what influences us personally and what we care about.  Perhaps why most of our subforums for winter storms are so small, except for the Blizzard of 2015 and Nemo.

18 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

So does everyone else in this forum, except for the mets.  Those posters who do not favor their backyard are angels because of most of us care about our frontyard and backyards for matter of fact.  That is what influences us personally and what we care about.  Perhaps why most of our subforums for winter storms are so small, except for the Blizzard of 2015 and Nemo.

Funny that you mention this.  My long range models are spitting out an epic winter but mainly for where I live in Brooklyn, CT.  Even more astounding is that I can actually pinpoint the heaviest snowfall (maybe a bit of sleet at times) to happen ...literally in my backyard... From about mid-November through late March. 

On October 13, 2016 at 2:26 PM, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

There's a difference between focusing on your backyard and FAVORING your backyard.  

Wishcasting is the worst offense on these forums.

Archived