Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NGTim said:

On a 3 day chase. Started in Maggie valley sat and netted about 3 inches. Yesterday in between in Asheville.  In blowing rock tonight. Saw good flurries on the way up but very foggy now. Watching that big slug of rain heading in.   Since put so much into this hoping for a surprise.   But if not still a good trip.  Free points nights at holiday inns are awesome. Expensive to eat in Asheville dang. But it was cool. Kids tried to talk me into driving to Pennsylvania lol. 

Lol nice man. Yeah we had a good snow Saturday night in Haywood. Good luck on your last leg. I would have stayed around here for the upslope event. Maybe found something in fines creek. Good luck.

23 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Well, made the drive from Boone back to Ashe, guess I did it at the right time. 31 degree rain the whole way, everything at home is covered in a glaze and the roads look untreated. We don't have liquid brine like they do in Watauga.

They didn't treat 321 going into Blowing Rock that I can tell. Was looking kinda dicey when I came back home. 29 and steady light rain now.

16 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Congrats guys! Signed, Extremely Jealous! 

Per WYFF radar, there's been a changeover down into NGA, with snow over Blue Ridge now. Can anyone confirm, WYFF isn't always accurate with that precip type map.

I posted about that on my page here: https://www.facebook.com/northeastgawx/

So far only one person reported snow in Morganton near Blue Ridge almost an hour ago.

12 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

About 1/2" here now and snowing steady!!!

Same here, maybe a little more. Still pretty heavy here. Temp is down to 29.6. Didn't think I'd be in the twenties by midnight. Don't think that warm nose was as strong as they thought. If we can squeak out 2 to 3 inches on this front thump, with the flow coming, this might be a decent storm.

43 minutes ago, MotoWeatherman said:

Thanks!  Although I'm not there to see it right now as I'm parked on the side of beech mtn tonight.  Ha ha

"Thanks" Motowxman for that pic that's minutes from home while I'm in blowing rock.  Just kidding it's great they got it way down there, had seen it on your fb. Hoping for the changeover soon here!

Archived