SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol, to be fair she's been the one telling me to look at the weather every 5 minutes today so she'll know when it's starting. And it's possible that I do get lucky with the temps, but I've got a feeling that warm nose will stick around a bit longer than expected. Even just 2 hours would make a big difference. I just want warm weather at this point tbh lol.

Sounds like a keeper to me.

The 18z nam looks good for a change over to snow for the southern and central mountains early in the morning. It's funny because it shows ice in boone and snow around here. The upslope signal looks great on the NAM which is surprising because it usually does horrible in upslope events. Temps are going to take a dive also. Again looking at the RAP the upslope signal is very strong and has a long duration. Temps will crash with high winds. 

53 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

The gfs continues to look really good. Goid moisture feed and lots of cold air. 

What form are y'all expecting this first big slug of precip to be?   Snow above 3000 feet?  Just  a guess....I don't think anyone really knows....but I'm hearing less ice now & more either snow or rain....

8 minutes ago, neatlburbwthrguy said:

What form are y'all expecting this first big slug of precip to be?   Snow above 3000 feet?  Just  a guess....I don't think anyone really knows....but I'm hearing less ice now & more either snow or rain....

I'm not worried about the first slug of moisture. We will be mostly rain below Boone until around midnight then we changeover to snow the the NW FLOW will kick in early tomorrow morning through the day.

34 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

It is pea soup foggy here in Boone. Had decent ice build up on the car driving into the bowling alley.

Sent from my SM-G930R7 using Tapatalk

I was there a couple hours ago! Yea just left chili's and you can tell it's a little slick, but not bad.

On a 3 day chase. Started in Maggie valley sat and netted about 3 inches. Yesterday in between in Asheville.  In blowing rock tonight. Saw good flurries on the way up but very foggy now. Watching that big slug of rain heading in.   Since put so much into this hoping for a surprise.   But if not still a good trip.  Free points nights at holiday inns are awesome. Expensive to eat in Asheville dang. But it was cool. Kids tried to talk me into driving to Pennsylvania lol. 

Archived