joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had business in Highlands on Tuesday but decided to come on up from Macon this evening and make it business and pleasure. 

Heavy drizzle in Dillard as I made the turn up Hwy 246 about 45 minutes ago, but when I got the NC state line it changed over.  I had a song, "White as Snow", by U2, on as I hit the line.

Great timing.

31 degrees and light snow now. 

Quite a line of precip lined up across Tennessee headed our way.

Here's to hoping everyone gets what they hoped for !

1 hour ago, Shack said:

Had business in Highlands on Tuesday but decided to come on up from Macon this evening and make it business and pleasure. 

Heavy drizzle in Dillard as I made the turn up Hwy 246 about 45 minutes ago, but when I got the NC state line it changed over.  I had a song, "White as Snow", by U2, on as I hit the line.

Great timing.

31 degrees and light snow now. 

Quite a line of precip lined up across Tennessee headed our way.

Here's to hoping everyone gets what they hoped for !

Very nice.  I'm about 30 mins to your east in sapphire.  Patiently awaiting the snow.  Radar doesn't look too impressive but we'll see....

3 minutes ago, neatlburbwthrguy said:

Very nice.  I'm about 30 mins to your east in sapphire.  Patiently awaiting the snow.  Radar doesn't look too impressive but we'll see....

It's been light so far here and can't stick with a warm ground and temps still above freezing. 

Looks to me like that line of convection that's running through mid AL/GA  is doing robjob on the moisture transport. Radar should have filled in more in southern TN by now. It might later on though. Something's just not right. But you guys know much more about it than I do so take this with a big grain of salt.

3 minutes ago, MikeGold said:

As expected, looks like the Balsams did get their couple of inches per webcam: http://brpwebcams.org/cam/5/1. Upstream radar has a Southward shift to returns so should start to lighten up for the rest of the night.

So any chance for snow to develop around the highlands/sapphire area or I should go to sleep?   Lol. :/

looking at the radar it doesn't seem as there is enough moisture to come into the Asheville area, unless it starts coming from sw to ne,  looks like not much of a winter storm for here.  instead of 2-4 it will be more 1/2 inch if we're lucky,  unless something happens in the next few hours that I don't see.

Moderate to heavy snow. We are approaching very close to 3 inches and this stuff is wet. Just absolutely beautiful sticking to everything. 

Wet it is! Sitting on a solid 1/2". puddles in the driveway so it must have rained a good bit before changing to snow last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Moderate to heavy snow. We are approaching very close to 3 inches and this stuff is wet. Just absolutely beautiful sticking to everything. 

Looks like with a secondary surge of moisture/energy going through the Balsams will probably end up around 6" or so. Nice! 

Archived