Asheville 0.5 901 PM 1/29 social media 

... Burke County... 
   Jonas Ridge 0.5 819 PM 1/29 social media 

... Jackson County... 
   Balsam 0.5 650 PM 1/29 social media 

... Transylvania County... 
   Sapphire 0.5 750 PM 1/29 social media 

*****metadata*****
:1/29/2017, 625 PM, NC, Avery, Beech Mountain, , , 36.18780, -81.87360, snow, 3.0, inch, local police,
:1/29/2017, 700 PM, NC, Avery, Flat Springs, , E, 36.25270, -81.91360, snow, 1.2, inch, cocorahs,
:1/29/2017, 901 PM, NC, Buncombe, Asheville, , , 35.57410, -82.54880, snow, 0.5, inch, social media,
:1/29/2017, 819 PM, NC, Burke, Jonas Ridge, , , 35.97250, -81.89500, snow, 0.5, inch, social media,
:1/29/2017, 650 PM, NC, Jackson, Balsam, , , 35.42670, -83.08530, snow, 0.5, inch, social media,
:1/29/2017, 750 PM, NC, Transylvania, Sapphire, , , 35.10690, -83.00310, snow, 0.5, inch, social media,

1 hour ago, NavarreDon said:

No morning obs? I guess everyone is sleeping in. Looks like a bunch of kids got a free pass today as the A C-T shows multiple counties out of school. As always curious to know how Buncombe fared?

Don we had a dusting in West Asheville, mom lives at Jupiter Exit Weaverville she had 2 maybe 3 inches.

3 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

I got one inch...

Yea, those bands over eastern TN kept missing Ashe county just to the south. I'd be really interested to see how areas of northern Watauga faired, close to snake mountain and zionville. They were getting walloped on radar around midnight. 

3 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

I got one inch...

I got to watch this storm from start to finish this time, and there was something strange about your area. Don't know if it was trajectory or what, but radar returns would never fill in in your area. Temps hurt you too but something else was going on. Even JC got in on it before you did. You could see it on the water vapor loops too. Just a dry hole there this time. Weird. 

12 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I got to watch this storm from start to finish this time, and there was something strange about your area. Don't know if it was trajectory or what, but radar returns would never fill in in your area. Temps hurt you too but something else was going on. Even JC got in on it before you did. You could see it on the water vapor loops too. Just a dry hole there this time. Weird. 

Yea, I don't understand it. we got one heavy band around 8 pm last night but that was it. It was basically being dryslotted the whole time, but now sure how or why that happens.

My thoughts on the 18z GFS for the Feb 8th storm.(Paying more attention to it right now). that run was crap. the GL low on the 12z got replaced by a HP but the temps were worse. I fully believe that if this were closer, temps would be reduced by 2-3 degrees at the least resulting in a decent thumping for us in the HC. that was yet another perfect track for us but I don't buy the temps that are portrayed. Just my opinion on what I'm seeing.

Edit* I don't buy the storm on the 6th turning into a fropa. at least not yet.

Archived