Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Can anyone shed some light as to when the NW flow should kick in?

It won't be long. You can tell by the band forming behind this one has a more NW to SE component to it. My winds are starting to switch more from the NW as well. That has caused my temp to drop 2 degrees in the past 40 minutes.

With this last band, it was almost whiteout conditions for about 25 minutes. By far the heaviest of the day. It had to put down close to an inch.

58 minutes ago, Silas Lang said:

Crazy the difference a few miles makes. I noticed looking south earlier that the cloud deck seemed sparse. It was snowing harder than the big storm earlier this year.

Yeah I was out towards the end of long shoals Rd and the sun was actually out. Tonight when I drove towards Haywood from long shoals probably just about 3 miles it was snowing hard right there at Bevard rd.

The ride home from Biltmore Park was interesting. When we left Biltmore it was not snowing. We drove about 3 to 5 miles and hit heavy snow near the Biltmore square mall. From there the road was wet through malfunction junction until the bottom of buzzards roost. Interesting that going up buzzards roosts was dry and no snow. When we got over the mountain into Canton there was snow on the ground but no snow falling. We stopped in Canton for 10 minutes. Came out from Ingles and it was pouring the snow. I-40 to the fines Creek exit was literally a whiteout the whole time. Heavy snow and blowing also. Got home and still pounding. Will try to post pics in a bit.

41 minutes ago, NC_WX10 said:

Radar looks good for us though. Good bands look to roll through in the next hour

It's here. I'm getting crushed at the moment. You can tell the ratios are going up too. Flakes are a little smaller but so thick you can't see 20 feet beyond the spots. Just let my dog out. He went straight to pee and back and was plastered!

Edit: BTW just measured over 3 inches.

15 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

It's here. I'm getting crushed at the moment. You can tell the ratios are going up too. Flakes are a little smaller but so thick you can't see 20 feet beyond the spots. Just let my dog out. He went straight to pee and back and was plastered!

Edit: BTW just measured over 3 inches.

Congrats!! Just light snow here. Hopefully picks up soon. 

Archived