• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

The main thread is depressing. Major forecast bust so far downeast. Heavy rain in Raleigh and snow totals lowered to 2"..

Im afraid the entire forecast may bust. Great snow rates now but the backend looks to be moving through. If the models missed downeast, I'm afraid they may miss the "backbuilding"  that has been forecasted. Lets cross our fingers and enjoy while it last.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, snowbird1230 said:

The main thread is depressing. Major forecast bust so far downeast. Heavy rain in Raleigh and snow totals lowered to 2"..

Im afraid the entire forecast may bust. Great snow rates now but the backend looks to be moving through. If the models missed downeast, I'm afraid they may miss the "backbuilding"  that has been forecasted. Lets cross our fingers and enjoy while it last.

Looking at future cast on something not sure what, towards the end it back builds like crazy. Will be worth watching.

4 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Looking at future cast on something not sure what, towards the end it back builds like crazy. Will be worth watching.

The HRRR has done a pretty good job so far and it's bound and determined we backbuild significantly. Tacks me and you another 7-9 on even on the 3z run. Rates starting to pick up here. Noticeable difference between Boone and home on the drive.

4 minutes ago, snowbird1230 said:

Upper low is still in western tenn. 

How much snow do you have?

3 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

The HRRR has done a pretty good job so far and it's bound and determined we backbuild significantly. Tacks me and you another 7-9 on even on the 3z run. Rates starting to pick up here. Noticeable difference between Boone and home on the drive.

Yea in all my "negativity" that I'm sounding like, this is a really exciting storm and I do believe its only going to get better 

5 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Finally getting increased rates, get me some bigger flakes and I'll really be in business.

They're still tiny flakes here but absolutely dumping them. 4z HRRR still tacking another 7 on. Fingers crossed for double digits! I'll be happy with 6-8 though after what we were expecting just 3 days ago.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

They're still tiny flakes here but absolutely dumping them. 4z HRRR still tacking another 7 on. Fingers crossed for double digits! I'll be happy with 6-8 though after what we were expecting just 3 days ago.

Yea I'm just happy to get my 3 so far. Everything else is gravy. 

Archived