Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, westmc9th said:

Up to 3 inches in Southern McDowell now!

Feel like the snowfall rates are really impressive, pretty consistently moderate snow now for the last hour here near HKY. Not necessarily over performing but definitely exceeding my low expectations

5 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

I'm glad you posted, I was getting worried. :-)

It'll pick up quickly. It's coming down here.

Lol yea I'm trying to watch a TV show to keep me occupied. I currently have one half inch for the entirety so far. I think I'll be lucky to get 3 inches at this point.

Made the drive from Boone to Raleigh. Planning on getting aerial footage in Raleigh and working my way back towards boone the next few days via Chapel Hill, Greensboro, then down to Charlotte.

Was 33 degrees from Winston Salem all the way to Chapel Hill where I hit rain/snow mix and instantly jumped to 36 degrees. Still an 80/20 rain/snow mix just south of Downtown Raleigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy for you folks! Talked to my brother (between Glenville & Bear lakes) 5" and roaring! Storm over produced down this way with 1.57" of rain. Right towards the end it was raining hard @ 37° reminded me of some heartbreaks I've had in Asheville. Going down to 27° Sunday morning. Keep the post's & especially the pics coming.

Just now, ncjoaquin said:

Great pics Met. I have right at 3 inches. Looks like at least 4 is doable, maybe more.

Thank you! Yeah we have about 3 inches here as well. Where I we live we are actually getting a bit downsloped with the way the moisture is coming in. In town I saw heavier rates. The roads are a freaking mess and very slick. Current temp is 20 degrees.

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Looking at the latest GFS is still has a lot of moisture beck building into our area tonight into tomorrow and the upslope signal is definitely there for tomorrow through Sunday morning. I hope the models are correct in building in more moisture with this thing.

Still got 6 hours or so before the upper level low swings thru. Back to moderate snow again.

Archived