• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

Boyer going with "high ground temps" that will limit snow totals. What?  I'll barely get above freezing for the next 48 hours before it starts. There will be no ground temp issues here. He still has the low tracking across central FL too. He did put me in the 1-3 inch range though so I'll take it.

Anyhow, I'm already down to 24.8 here with a good breeze. Chilly.

That's downright sad. The ground will be NO factor with this system. How is someone like that allowed on TV?! I'm going with 2-5" for most of Mtn areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

That's downright sad. The ground will be NO factor with this system. How is someone like that allowed on TV?! I'm going with 2-5" for most of Mtn areas.

Jordan finally shows up to the party! Fuel up the drones, my man! Looking forward to some footage!

43 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

Haha I've been lurking a bit in the main forum for about the past week!

On a drone note, I may head down east to capture everything down there.

were you the one who had the amazing pictures from app last year or the year before? I definitely want more pics if yes, those were amazing.

WOW was talking about two models showing the s/w having to dig a lot more than the GFS and Euro are showing. That cause the storm to go into neutral tilt. *IF* we were to get something like that come to fruition, we can double those snow totals at least. That will definitely be worth watching. 

3 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

WOW was talking about two models showing the s/w having to dig a lot more than the GFS and Euro are showing. That cause the storm to go into neutral tilt. *IF* we were to get something like that come to fruition, we can double those snow totals at least. That will definitely be worth watching. 

What did I tell yeah bro! Patience man. I thought this would come around. I said yesterday give it by 12z or at the latest 18z. I hate to toot my own horn but....

7 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

What did I tell yeah bro! Patience man. I thought this would come around. I said yesterday give it by 12z or at the latest 18z. I hate to toot my own horn but....

Come on now you act like I was giving up lol. I was just not too worried about it. And I was giving it until 0z tonight but I didn't need to.

3 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Come on now you act like I was giving up lol. I was just not too worried about it. And I was giving it until 0z tonight but I didn't need to.

Lol I know. I'm just busting you. I was like listen I know the freaking NW trend is going to commence! At least the precip field. I hope everyone gets in on this.

20 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Lol I know. I'm just busting you. I was like listen I know the freaking NW trend is going to commence! At least the precip field. I hope everyone gets in on this.

lol I know. It was very discouraging to see the Euro go south at 12z. Didn't really think at this timeframe that could happen. I do want to see the oz Euro however to make sure it come back NW before I get too wrapped up.

23 hours ago, SnoJoe said:

Met, I've see it go from Southern Georgia to a cutter in 4 runs. Not saying this time around but more times than not, I'm with you guys, it will come NW.

It's been such weird year though we might get thunder snow and it starts a forest fire. Who knows at this point.

56 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Ahem.......toot, toot

The 00z is not a good as the 18z was. Still decent but the precip field came in just a tad bit south. We are still over 48 hours away from this being go time so not really worried unless we see a pronounced shift in the models. Hopefully the Euro will come around tonight and increase our totals. All in all a productive day trending back NW

were you the one who had the amazing pictures from app last year or the year before? I definitely want more pics if yes, those were amazing.

More than likely so. Here is my site, www.nelsonaerialpros.com I have an online print store and a gallery in Boone on 105.

I'm honestly surprised the GFS has been this stubborn getting precip into our neck of the woods. Still have faith in the NW trend at least for the precip shield expanding more than modeled.

58 minutes ago, AirNelson39 said:

More than likely so. Here is my site, www.nelsonaerialpros.com I have an online print store and a gallery in Boone on 105.

I'm honestly surprised the GFS has been this stubborn getting precip into our neck of the woods. Still have faith in the NW trend at least for the precip shield expanding more than modeled.

Dude those shots are awesome. :D Amazing work.

Always good when HKY_WX chimes in:

Definitely think we could see some 12:1 or 15:1 ratios in western and central NC on this one. Temps aloft are pretty ideal and wind speeds will not be an issue given the weakness of the SFC low. Def could see a nice strip of 12 to 15 in the jackpot zone which right now looks to run through far SE Wake county. That said, we're still around 2 days out and there will be some small shifts. Overall the setup looks favorable aloft for widespread snow to breakout on Friday night across the SE. Not really seeing as sharp of a cutoff as the EURO is showing on the NW side. Looks a tad over done given the strength of the 500mb low it's showing. Overrunning should be pretty widespread with this one.

Archived