SnowHabit
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Gfs should be 3-6  fir a lot of us.

Not sure about 13 weather, Jason will only say 1-3 for most of wnc, models are starting to spit out there will be more snow totals, how can Jason already make a call like 1-3 when models keep going up with snow accumulation.

Just now, fritschy said:

Not sure about 13 weather, Jason will only say 1-3 for most of wnc, models are starting to spit out there will be more snow totals, how can Jason already make a call like 1-3 when models keep going up with snow accumulation.

He us being conservative,  no reason to put higher totals out yet. We could very easily end up on the low end.

Just now, fritschy said:

To be fair this is just his initial estimate. Channel 4 is saying the same. They will adjust it over the coming days if this becomes a trend.

Boyer going with "high ground temps" that will limit snow totals. What?  I'll barely get above freezing for the next 48 hours before it starts. There will be no ground temp issues here. He still has the low tracking across central FL too. He did put me in the 1-3 inch range though so I'll take it.

Anyhow, I'm already down to 24.8 here with a good breeze. Chilly.

9 minutes ago, SnoJoe said:

Boyer going with "high ground temps" that will limit snow totals. What?  I'll barely get above freezing for the next 48 hours before it starts. There will be no ground temp issues here. He still has the low tracking across central FL too. He did put me in the 1-3 inch range though so I'll take it.

Anyhow, I'm already down to 24.8 here with a good breeze. Chilly.

Boyer can irritate me. He seems so disinterested sometimes. Anyway, soil temperatures in Asheville per the NCSU weather station next to the airport, are showing 44 right now. We'll get down to 27 tonight, high of 44 tomorrow, barely above freezing on Friday and then mid-20's on Saturday. The soil temps should be down around freezing easily by Saturday. He could be talking about the first wave, which in that case might be a problem.

5 minutes ago, BlueRidgeFolklore said:

Boyer can irritate me. He seems so disinterested sometimes. Anyway, soil temperatures in Asheville per the NCSU weather station next to the airport, are showing 44 right now. We'll get down to 27 tonight, high of 44 tomorrow, barely above freezing on Friday and then mid-20's on Saturday. The soil temps should be down around freezing easily by Saturday. He could be talking about the first wave, which in that case might be a problem.

He doesn't have a first wave. Never mentioned anything about it. His forecast for tomorrow night is mostly cloudy for everyone. But.......he could be right on everything. Who knows.

Archived