Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, HurricaneTracker said:

System is moving too fast to pick up much moisture. Unless GFS or Euro slow this thing down and don't shear it to death early on, I am starting to see more and more signs of a whiff here. No friendly trends yet anyway.

You sound a little less optimistic than you did just a couple hours ago. At this rate Ill take an inch or so and call it a day. Looking forward to more opportunities near the end of the month. 

You sound a little less optimistic than you did just a couple hours ago. At this rate Ill take an inch or so and call it a day. Looking forward to more opportunities near the end of the month. 

Yea, the NAM was disappointing. Seems like every solution possible has been thrown at this thing and nothing is emerging as a clear path forward. In my experience this argues for a weakly disorganized storm with token flakes. Of course there could be a few surprises yet!

1 minute ago, HurricaneTracker said:

Yea, the NAM was disappointing. Seems like every solution possible has been thrown at this thing and nothing is emerging as a clear path forward. In my experience this argues for a weakly disorganized storm with token flakes. Of course there could be a few surprises yet!

0z GFS started out a lot better than the NAM. not sure of the ending yet, but at least it didn't fall apart completely.

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

I was thinking today would be a crap shoot. Tomorrow should show signs of some northward movement especially by 12z and 18z. 

Yea, I thought today would actually go worse than what it did, although the NAM had me nervous for a minute. If we can get the s/w to stay a little more intact and be able to develop sooner in the GOM....I'm wishcasting, I need to stop.

1 minute ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Yea, I thought today would actually go worse than what it did, although the NAM had me nervous for a minute. If we can get the s/w to stay a little more intact and be able to develop sooner in the GOM....I'm wishcasting, I need to stop.

Nothing wrong in putting out what we need. Still a lot if time for this to trend better which I think it does tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, Met1985 said:

Nothing wrong in putting out what we need. Still a lot if time for this to trend better which I think it does tomorrow. 

Hmmm. GEFS looks better than before. I think it's getting closer. I'm just trying to keep my expectations low on the s/w being able to keep it's strength. 

Archived