Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

5 hours ago, mackerel_sky said:

When are y'all gonna start getting all these Northwest Flow Snow events? I thought y'all were going to get buried by every cold front that passed? Cold and dry a lot and y'all were gonna be big winners

Come on Dude. We don't deserve that post. We're just as disappointed as anyone, but it's relative to what we expect in relation to where we live. We can just hope, like everybody else on this board that likes snow, that we'll get some. 

BTW, nice flurry action here at the moment, and at 28.4 maybe a very light dusting tonight? I'll take it!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SnoJoe said:

Come on Dude. We don't deserve that post. We're just as disappointed as anyone, but it's relative to what we expect in relation to where we live. We can just hope, like everybody else on this board that likes snow, that we'll get some. 

BTW, nice flurry action here at the moment, and at 28.4 maybe a very light dusting tonight? I'll take it!

The pattern is getting to some people. Ol Mack just wrote off winter. It's ok I would be jelous also. We have not seen much snow at all but I'm pretty happy with the cold. 

Maybe it won't be bad on Christmas, but the possibility of wearing shorts on New Years is...wow and we were talking about how much better this December is compared to last. Let's get the most out of our BN Temps that we can before it's gone for a bit. Maybe mid January everything will come back to our favor. By then, we'll be close to 2 feet of snow below average.

*2 feet below average for areas like Boone. I'm not as educated on the averages closer to the state line.

* Also, I usually wear shorts mid 40's and up. Not saying it will be 70 lol.

1 hour ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Maybe it won't be bad on Christmas, but the possibility of wearing shorts on New Years is...wow and we were talking about how much better this December is compared to last. Let's get the most out of our BN Temps that we can before it's gone for a bit. Maybe mid January everything will come back to our favor. By then, we'll be close to 2 feet of snow below average.

*2 feet below average for areas like Boone. I'm not as educated on the averages closer to the state line.

* Also, I usually wear shorts mid 40's and up. Not saying it will be 70 lol.

All you van do is wait it out. Or cancel winter altogether.

37 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

Hate to say it, but i'm in agreement. as soon as they said after day 7, i immediately stopped caring. We've seen how well these models have performed past day 5.

That's true, but unfortunately the model progs are all we have to go by. I was just trying to spark some sort of convo in here, it was getting slow! 

GFS has it too, at least.

Screenshot_20161221-203442.jpg

13 hours ago, Jonathan said:

That's true, but unfortunately the model progs are all we have to go by. I was just trying to spark some sort of convo in here, it was getting slow! 

GFS has it too, at least.

Screenshot_20161221-203442.jpg

Honestly, I've hated to sound so negative all winter as I have, but so far it's kept me from getting hyped by the fantasy storms. Heck, even the couple of times we've had potentially good NWFS events, they've dried up before really getting here. so for something like this, which of course i'll be following, i'm not going to get my hopes up before 24 hours of the event.

May the Peace, Joy and Blessings of Christmas be with each of us and our families in the Crew in the Mountains and Foothills Thread! 

May we all be thankful for the gift of Christmas, the Lord's gift of his son Jesus Christ, who came in that we can accept him into our hearts and life, be forgiven of our sins, and have life abundantly both now and eternally forever more.

Thanks to a great group of contributors that make our board the best one around!  I sincerely appreciate the friendship and camaraderie we have.

Merry Christmas !

John 1:14 The Word Became Flesh

14 And the Word became flesh, and [a]dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of [b]the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Every knee shall bow.   Every heart shall be touched.

34hDPh7.jpg

VOaf0hr.jpg

1 hour ago, Met1985 said:

Merry Christmas guys! Even though the weather pattern is playing grinch we still have this great day!

Maybe we need to use reverse weather psychology; I'm dreaming of a tropical Christmas, just like the ones I...

Oh well, Merry Christmas everyone!

Nchighcountrywx, great post/ says it all. Merry Christmas to everyone in this thread and on the board. Think you guys and alot of us to your east in NC stand a good chance to see some winter weather finally. Hang tight we should be tracking a threat no more than 5 days out by this time next week as we get ready to head back to work and start the new year. Also don't go to sleep on late this week into next weekend. Could see some appetizers for you high elevation guys. Down here in the triad we managed to stay in the 50s all but last Thursday and most likely this Tuesday. Outside of that it could have been alot worse. MBY will struggle to get low 40s by Friday and Saturday. Didn't want to post in the main thread because it's looking like just to my south half the board is gonna be on the outside looking in till we get a little more tinkering with the upcoming pattern. I could easily luck out with them , so we'll see. Hopefully we can get things forecasted to A) verify and B) get as many as possible some winter weather.

15 hours ago, Met1985 said:

Well we will see how the next 4 to 5 days go but the 18Z GFS has a great looking signal for maybe our first significant NWFS. From late on the 29th through the 30th it looks really good for some upslope action. Unless the GFS just sucks this bad at this range hopefully this is correct.

12z Euro looks really good as well. 

Hopefully we keep this look and snag something. Euro also tries to start off as ZR here Sunday morning and drops 1/4" before we go barely above freezing. Doubtful we see any of that but worth watching I guess. Certainly nothing else to keep an eye on ha.

Archived