Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2016 Mountains & Foothills Fall & Winter Thread

nchighcountrywx

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
41 minutes ago, Hvward said:

Beautiful this morning in the high country, I have been out live streaming all morning. The Viaduct is awesome in the snow. Check out my videos on my facebook page ahevillewx. 

Nice! I might have passed you. I was up there for a bit a while ago. Was hoping to snag some pictures of Wilson Creek but a bit too foggy. 

2 hours ago, Hvward said:

Beautiful this morning in the high country, I have been out live streaming all morning. The Viaduct is awesome in the snow. Check out my videos on my facebook page Ashevillewx. 770aa3362b5799245f262286b4433dde.jpg

Nice Ward! We got to 36 with rain. Still sitting at 38 with rain. No flakes at all but was not expecting any either. I like the look of the Euro. seasonable to normal.

If I was located in the upslope sweet spots then I'd start getting excited at the 5h pattern next week. not only are you gonna score with the artic front this week, but mid December is showing stronger and stronger signals everyday of northern stream dominated vodka cold as PV sets up shop in perfect position to deliver the goods be it clippers or the GL. Might be able to get one of those multi day nwf events someone was posting about earlier.

14 minutes ago, NCSNOW said:

If I was located in the upslope sweet spots then I'd start getting excited at the 5h pattern next week. not only are you gonna score with the artic front this week, but mid December is showing stronger and stronger signals everyday of northern stream dominated vodka cold as PV sets up shop in perfect position to deliver the goods be it clippers or the GL. Might be able to get one of those multi day nwf events someone was posting about earlier.

I agree man. MiD month looks great for upslope snow. clipper after clipper. Maybe a southern stream system also as we get closer to that period.

2 hours ago, NCSNOW said:

You guys and alot of us in NC are looking good for next week. just looking at the ensembles, which is really what we all should be studying and 5h I see high chance of scoring a couple of times next week.

Yeah I like the pattern coming up. Whether we get snow or not at least we could see chances.

5 minutes ago, Met1985 said:

Yeah I like the pattern coming up. Whether we get snow or not at least we could see chances.

A pattern conducive to producing winter weather is all we can ask for. I'm disapointed a little with our artic front tommorrow, thought you and Joe had a good shot to score a inch or 2 from the way things where looking this weekend. Oh well onto the next opportunity .  Keep firing the darts at the board and one will stick eventually, maybe even hit the bullseye. As has been stated, sure beats last December. 

Glad I didn't get excited snow wise with these arctic fronts, not really surprised they are drying up. But I do welcome the cold air with open arms. Old people don't drive when it's cold so I get to work faster. But I do believe we are heading for a more favorable pattern for snow. Gonna take a little time though.

Archived